24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

How long can you drive on a bad VP44?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here is my latest...

I added the superchips tuner, and everything was great. No more code, check engine light came off, and more power. It was fine for 2 days. i get in it this morning, and I got the CE light again. I got to work and checked it... Sure as poop, 216. SO I cleared it and will see what happens.

I also noticed a RPM jump of about 100 rotations. Its almost like the truck is surging a bit. I am guessing this is the FP as well.

Dima
Old 05-13-2005, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Flatty
Well here is my latest...

I added the superchips tuner, and everything was great. No more code, check engine light came off, and more power. It was fine for 2 days. i get in it this morning, and I got the CE light again. I got to work and checked it... Sure as poop, 216. SO I cleared it and will see what happens.

I also noticed a RPM jump of about 100 rotations. Its almost like the truck is surging a bit. I am guessing this is the FP as well.

Dima
I just found that dreaded P0216 code on my truck as well... I don't have the CE light on. But I do have the strange surging that your describing. It's been do that for a few weeks... I bet the surging and the P0216 code goes hand in hand... But that is a guess...
Old 05-14-2005, 07:40 AM

Dead pedal struck about three thousand miles ago while I was three hundred miles away from home. Shut it off for the night, and everything seemed fine the next day. Two weeks later it hits again, shut it off and problem went away. Reset the apps just in case, and now have hard start issues, and am losing a little power. I am going to have my batteries tested, they seem to be dragging now, replace the lift pump, and see how long it can make it. I am stock excapt for a bhaf, va box, and 4 inch exhaust. No ce engine light, but do have the death code.

Both times I got the dead pedal, I was at a quarter tank of fuel, had driven at least 100 miles, and it was over 80 degrees outside. the hard start is sporadic, but seems to be worse when it is warm.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:42 PM

Well the update is the truck is parked for ra few weeks... I got in it yesterday, drove it to Mountain View from Redwood City. I got the dead pedal every 5 miles or so. Then driving home same thing. The weird thing is that if I let go of the throttle, and hammered it again, it was FINE!!!! This is REALLY confusing me.

DIma