24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Help! Truck Pulls When Braking

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:48 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help! Truck Pulls When Braking

Ok a few weeks ago I replaced both of the rotors and calipers on both sides of the the front axle. But I've notice it pulls to the left while braking. Then I mounted 35" tires and it seems to pull even harder . I'm thinking that I might need to replace both of the rubber brake line.

What do you guys think might be the problem?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double check your tire pressure, if one is low it will pull
Old 07-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Try rebleeding you brakes. You said you replaced the calipers. Why? was there something wrong with them? Was this problem there before you replaced the calipers? If it happened after you replaced them I would try and bleed the brakes again. It sounds like you did not get all the air out of the right caliper if it is pulling to the left.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Why you ask did I change the calipers? Because I made a bone head mistake while replacing the pads. I ground into the rotor so far that the pistons pushed out quit a ways. When I tryed compressing the said calipers I damaged one of the seals and it started leaking severly. So new calipers seemed reasonable. Besides I did notice that the side I damage, which was the left side was worn much more than the right side. So I figured the right side was hanging up. But now with new parts, it seems to still be hanging up.
I'll try rebleeding. It makes since. I was also thinking rubber brake hoses. What about master cylinder and or the porpotion (sp) valve?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:58 AM

i would try re-bleeding your lines and i would flush the brake system out till the fluid is that nice almond clear color and see if that fixes it. also make sure that you have the proper lube where the caliper slids on the braket. it might be sticking. i had the same problem and i just bled the heck out of the system and lube it up and cleaned it all up and no pull at all. after you do it all do a few hard brakes on a clear road and see if it eventually gets better seemed to work for me. good luck
Old 07-08-2007, 03:41 PM

I was just asking to try and find out if you had the problem before the brake job. If you only had the problem after the work then that would leave me to believe that it has something to do with the parts that you worked on. And no I am not saying that you do not know what you are doing. It just helps eliminate where the problem is. I would be hard pressed to think it was the portioning valve or other parts of the system if it all worked before and not after.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by volly818
I was just asking to try and find out if you had the problem before the brake job. If you only had the problem after the work then that would leave me to believe that it has something to do with the parts that you worked on. And no I am not saying that you do not know what you are doing. It just helps eliminate where the problem is. I would be hard pressed to think it was the portioning valve or other parts of the system if it all worked before and not after.
Agreed. it will help eliminate the problem and make it easier for us to help you.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:22 PM

Mine pulls to the left, i turn to the right simultaneously as i brake.

Have had new pads/rotors/etc all done.. first time by myself, second time by a shop.. I just got tired of the fuss and learn to turn the wheel while braking.

Some trucks got a about 1/4" spacer between the wheel and the hub. I heard that has something to do with the pulling but i put mine back where i found it and still pulled.

*shrug*