24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Help Tanny issues ala PLENTY

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Tanny issues ala PLENTY

OK here what my dumba$$ did, i have been having issues where my trans wont shift out of 1st, for a few monthes now, the only time it will shift, is when I unhook the grounds, the re hook them back up

that being said, I have replaced the speed sensor on the rear dif. the output speed sensor, on the trans, the governor pressure selonoid, and tranducer none of this has helped, the code I was getting was 0720

Nw in a moment of genius I decided to put a jumper wire in the relay box under the hood, in the trans relay, the idea, is once I unhook the grounds and reset the computer the truck drives perfect until I shut it off again, so if I can keep the relay powered up constantly that would in theory work during the day, at night I would just unhook the grounds so I dont drain my battery. well while jumping the relay I made the check engine light come on, seem to have lost first gear and the upper gears, because it is sluggish, off the line and wont go over 40 mph.

I unhooked the grounds to reset the computer got it t have first while still have the not shift problem described above. at least first was back and overdrive came back for some time, now it seems to be gone again,

i am wondering if I didn't toast my PCM doing my stunt. I hope not, as I dont have the money to fix it and havent had any luck finding a used PCM on ebay.

The new codes I get are 0753, and 0720 I used my code reader to get rid of the check engine light.

any help would be awesome. BTW the jumping of the relay didn't help at all
Old 08-28-2009, 12:34 AM

If that code is still present, it is being tripped by something, and the computer does not like what it's seeing from the speed sensors.

Have you cut any wires under the cowl or added a BD RAD?

Is it possible that you have a chaffed or broken wire in the speed sensor harness(es)? I would check them with an ohmmeter for continuity first if it were me.

Dave
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 AM

I had one which I fixed awhile back. i removed all jumper wires