24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fuel Gelled...pump heading south fast

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, The bypass regulator that I am using is an agricultural sprayer regulator. Who knows what is going on there with that, I just ordered a new raptor pump so that I won't be needing that regulator any longer. I think that since the pump is still working that I will keep all that stuff sitting around so that if I have a problem with anything I can slap all the old stuff in for the time being. Well, when I get off work in the morning, I am going to replace the injection pump so we will see how everything goes in the morning.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jjb3006
Well, The bypass regulator that I am using is an agricultural sprayer regulator. Who knows what is going on there with that, I just ordered a new raptor pump so that I won't be needing that regulator any longer. I think that since the pump is still working that I will keep all that stuff sitting around so that if I have a problem with anything I can slap all the old stuff in for the time being. Well, when I get off work in the morning, I am going to replace the injection pump so we will see how everything goes in the morning.
You might be better to throw the old setup in a box and keep it in the truck if you have a problem out on the road it won't help you siting under the bench at home.

I live out in the sticks and go camping way back in the bush i am always more concerned with the VP truck than the old P-pump rig about getting back out.
IF the VP takes a dump i will be in trouble but if it is only a lift pump i can bolt on my spare and continue on.

Let us know how you like the new pump both the good and if any the bad.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just got the VP replaced yesterday morning, and boy am I glad that I had a heated garage cause it was only about 10 degrees and windy. So I had the old one out and the new one in in about 4 hours and overall was a pretty easy swap, a lot better than I thought. I got the truck running, and it is going pretty good, still haven't tapped the pump though, thinking about using one of those stealth plates. I'm hoping that I'll be able to switch the secondary pumps out next weekend or something.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jjb3006
Well I just got the VP replaced yesterday morning, and boy am I glad that I had a heated garage cause it was only about 10 degrees and windy. So I had the old one out and the new one in in about 4 hours and overall was a pretty easy swap, a lot better than I thought. I got the truck running, and it is going pretty good, still haven't tapped the pump though, thinking about using one of those stealth plates. I'm hoping that I'll be able to switch the secondary pumps out next weekend or something.
Good to hear you got it running again .

Your right this weather is bad 5 degrees here and 44mph winds 10 inches of snow blew in Friday, 2 Saturday , 4 more today and more wind and cold coming in for Tuesday and Wednesday This really sucks today is just the 1st day of winter