24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

First post, a few questions,

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First post, a few questions,

Just got a 01 reg cab 5 speed,4 wheel drive.<br>It is a 2001.5, rear disc brakes,but it has rear fender liners, silver antenna, no lights on visor mirror, has hood insulation.<br>Anyway the first thing I want to do is install a fuel pressure guage, where exactly do I tap into the fuel filter, mine doesn't have the little plugs in the top like a picture I saw on this site.<br>Where and how did you go through the firewall?<br>Where inside did you mount the guage?<br>This is my second diesel truck, my first was a 1984 Ford,6.9<br>that gave me very little trouble over the 180K miles I had it.<br>Thanks,<br>Robert
Old 03-26-2003, 08:43 PM

Re:First post, a few questions,

You got hood insulation?? You lucky dog, I've got a 01.5 and I didn't get hood insulation :'(

I'm an auto so I can't help you about where to come through the firewall. We can use the space that's evidently taken up by your clutch, I think. As to where to hook up your fuel pressure gauge, I added banjo bolts and put a shraeder equipped banjo on the input to the injection pump and hooked my fuel pressure gauge from that point. That way, I'm getting a POST filter reading and of course after the lift pump. When you get around to ordering your stuff, check with Rod at Wildcat Diesel, one of our site sponsors. He'll fix you up with everything you need. Other guys will chime in with their &quot;favorite&quot; spots. I've got my gauge mounted in a dash mount with 3 other gauges. Many like the A Pillar mount system. Lottsa pictures floating around on the subject.

By the way, welcome to what we like to think of as the friendly Dodge site. ;D

~Dave
Old 03-26-2003, 09:03 PM

Dave, I am in Deming, actually just about a 1/2 mile past Kendall Texaco on the Mt. Baker Hwy,work in Ferndale,are we close to each other? Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:32 PM

Welcome to the site! ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 03-27-2003, 06:44 PM

First of all, welcome to the site, I am sure you will enjoy it.<br><br>Second, I used a tapped banjo on the bottom of the fuel filter canister to tap into the fuel line, I got the banjo bolt from Rod when I ordered my gauges.<br><br>Third, to get through the firewall I simply drilled a hole and surrounded it with a rubber gromit to protect the wires. <br><br><br>
Old 03-28-2003, 09:02 AM

[quote author=015speed link=board=4;threadid=12783;start=0#120855 date=1048734236]<br>Dave, I am in Deming, actually just about a 1/2 mile past Kendall Texaco on the Mt. Baker Hwy,work in Ferndale,are we close to each other? Thanks for the reply.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Deming? Work in Ferndale? Uh, I could throw a small rock and hit you as you're driving down Smith Road. Can you say Bellingham?<br><br>I belong to another group of CTD owners known as the NWBombers and we have periodic gatherings to work on projects and it sounds like you have a project for us. WE GOT TO TALK. One of our members lives out near you and works for the Mt. Baker School District. Small world isn't it?<br><br>~Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 08:12 PM

NWDave if your group need MORE projects I would be more than happy to send you the list for my truck!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:27 AM

Figure_9_Pro<br><br>Don't be too surprised when he takes you up on this and helps with your list. ;D <br><br>The bomb parties are a great way to get help and meet more friends.<br><br>Signed,<br>Another member of NWBombers ;D