24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

A few questions about my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions about my new truck

I picked up the truck in my signature today. When I first looked at it, it was having a bit of a hard time starting so I was able to get the dealers price down quite a bit by convincing him that it was the injection pump. The truck still has good throttle response and seems to have good power.

When I got the truck home the codes were P0122 and P0460 as well as the companion code. I have heard that if I don't have more than one APPS code I may have a chance to reset the APPS. What are your thoughts about this?

The P0460 is confusing (Fuel level unit not changing over miles). The fuel gage seems to work. Do I need to change the sensor in the tank? What are the consequences with this?

Either way I do not believe that either of these is causing my hard start issue and I need to check the fuel system for leeks or a bad return check valve etc., yes or no?

I will be ordering a Raptor in the next week. Should I go ahead and replace the pump anyway? I was budgeting for this with the money I saved at the dealer but I could buy a tuner and the Raptor with the same money.

Sorry for the 20 questions I'm sort of scratching my head on a few things.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuel pressure gauge will tell you if/when you NEED to do the lift pump. fp under load is the most important reading to monitor. I'd reset the codes and see what comes back, maybe the dealer (or previous owner) repaired or replaced the fuel tank float or sender...
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I need a set of gages bad. It has a Pyro but it is post turbo. I thought they should be mounted pre-turbo. I will try to reset the APPS and codes today and run through the fuel system to find a leak. I have put today aside to go through the truck with a fine tooth comb and see what I come up with.