24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

The everlasting #53

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeRam24V
my bid $100
Put me in for elventytwofifty.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Tough call, if the rest of the trucks in good shape it'd be hard to loose that much selling it because of a weeping block. Did you just stick weld it or ??? I've seen a process/company called lock-n-stitch on other blocks/trans cases that worked well. Not sure if your block is beyond repar because it has been welded.

If your still interested in a block to replace check out the classifieds here or on other boards. I know there's a guy on comp-d that's selling 2 CR 5.9 blocks for fairly short money as of a few days ago. Best of luck.

EDIT found the in-frame repair from lock-n-stitch on a 53 block here, PDF.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gorms
Tough call, if the rest of the trucks in good shape it'd be hard to loose that much selling it because of a weeping block. Did you just stick weld it or ??? I've seen a process/company called lock-n-stitch on other blocks/trans cases that worked well. Not sure if your block is beyond repar because it has been welded.

If your still interested in a block to replace check out the classifieds here or on other boards. I know there's a guy on comp-d that's selling 2 CR 5.9 blocks for fairly short money as of a few days ago. Best of luck.

EDIT found the in-frame repair from lock-n-stitch on a 53 block here, PDF.
When I bought the truck it had 100,000 on it and didn't leak. When it started leaking I cleaned the side of the block and it had a lock n stitch repair already. I have welded it twice, so the block is pretty much tapped out. I am most likely going to buy something else with more cab room for the family anyway.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnh
i thought ebay and craigslist are not allowed
They're not.

i didn't know that, i am not selling anything, just trying to help a brother out.
With 300+ posts, you ShOULD know that. But we all make mistakes and this is yours I guess.

Originally Posted by diggerfan99
I might be trying to sell my truck here soon, and I was wondering if there is anyone on here that would be in the market for buying it with the cracked block.
If I have gone against the rules of the site, I apologize.
I'm always in the market for not rusted fixerupers. shoot me a PM if you decide to sell.
Originally Posted by rickf
I would be interested depending on location
Originally Posted by Redlinear
PM with a price.Seriously, I'm interested.
my bid $100
Selling ANYTHING here, ATTEMPTING to sell anything here or even giving the impression that you might be selling something here in the future is against the rules, and the above string of replies is ONE reason why; the place would turn into one giant flea market. That is why we created the classified section.

I'm closing the thread but leaving it up so maybe other people will see a shred of evidence behind why we are adamant in the enforcement of this rule.