24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

engine rev and p0000 code

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
engine rev and p0000 code

Ok here its goes any help is much appreciated i cant figure it out.
Driving down the interstate one day rather quickly might i say trying to keep up with a porche...heavy on the throttle and all of a sudden alot of bucking reving up and dropping of idle,cel comes on,rpm guage up and down sometimes, just dead and popping back on and i swear i heard some kind of slight grinding noise that seemed to dissappear.this is all i can recall from when it started as i was in traffic and still traveling rather quickly shall we say...after a about a mile or so coasting while this still continues on the truck returned to normal and i proceeded to get home ok after work...

Now the same bucking and reving previously described comes and goes and now the truck is unpredictable as to when it happens. Now expecting this here is what i notice now.. fuel pressure is ok. When said symptoms appear the truck will idle but if you touch the throttle a little the rpm just go up n down all by itself. Till you let it be for a little or shut it down ..wait 5 min restart and seems ok for awhile if you baby the throttle to get going again then randomly the problem will dissappear completely.
Heres codes the scanguage pulls but the key on and off trick wont retrieve
P0000
P0380
P1690
P0341
I looked them up but cant find p0000.has anyone had this happen? Im thinking tps ? Which i have one from timbo but its been quite a few years now since i replaced it. Could it possibly be a speed sensor? If so would that explain the slight grinding i thought i heard. Or would it be the cam sensor per the codes? To me the vp44 and ecm code doesn't seem to make sense since pressure is ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ..i want my truck back its no fun sitting in the driveway. .
Old 04-22-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update
Upon tinkering with it today it seems to be ok cold but when it warmed up around the neighborhood symptoms started again. I noticed it started while not moving so i presume speed sensor is not the culprit?idled it to the driveway and tried shifting into 1 and truck didnt move at all. 2 it crawled into the driveway.as it sat and did its reving thing suddenly just stopped running all together. Did the key trick and found 2 new codes 0500 and 0753.
I still have no idea what is going on here..
Help please