24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Delete Vacuum Line to Transfer Case

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Delete Vacuum Line to Transfer Case

Hey guys,

I bought my truck with a cable system installed to actuate the CAD instead of the vacuum setup. I recently got around to removing all the old vacuum lines to the T case and front axle. While unplugging it I discovered that the line from the engine compartment to the T case was still holding vacuum. It made me wonder if the T case needs vacuum for anything other than to actuate the CAD. I haven't had any problems yet but I haven't driven it much. I figured I'd just double check on here and see if anyone knows for sure that I am safe with no vacuum to the T case. Anyone else removed the vacuum lines after installing the cable system?
Old 07-20-2015, 11:42 PM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts
No, vacuum isnt required to run anything in the transfer case. The reason it was most likely plugged and holding vacuum is because if the PO simply left it disconnected then the vacuum pump would ingest air and pump air into the crank case causing an excess blowby vent condition.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ok that's what I thought. Thanks!