24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Couple of questions for wannabe new Dodge owner.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually...'01.5 has discs. Mine was made in 09/00 and has discs.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CAPTDASH
...THE PRE 02'S HAVE REAR DRUM BRAKES, WHICH SUCK, & KILLS YOUR FRONT PADS. THE 02'S HAVE DISC BRAKES ALL AROUND...
Not entirely true Capt..... my '01 has rear discs. As I understand it, about midway through the '01 model year, they switched to rear discs. So the early '01s have rear drums and the '01.5s have rear disc.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by CAPTDASH
PINETREE, THOSE EZ BOXES ONLY MAKE THE INJECTION PUMP PERFORM AT ITS MAXIMUM DESIGNED PERFORMANCE. THEY WILL NOT HURT YOUR MOTOR.
Wrong again. The EZ box makes the truck perform outside of its designed performance. It may not hurt the engine, but the engine and drivetrain was not intended to run at increased levels and maintain its 100K warranty.

FINDING A STOCK TRUCK IS GOING TO BE HARD. FOR THE PRICE OF A GOOD ONE, I'D BUY A NEW ONE.
Wrong again. There are lots of good, unbombed trucks for sale at considerably less that the price of a new truck. For the 35-40 grand you could spend on a loaded new truck, you could find a great used one for half the money with 50-70 thousand on the clock and a good 200 thousand miles left on it. Of course, if you have the money, new is always better.

A BOSCH 275 INJECTOR & EZ BOX IS A GREAT STREET APPLICATION, & THE FUEL EFFICIENCY & PERFORMANCE WILL AMAZE YOU. THE 275'S ARE MADE FOR THIS MOTOR, SO DON'T BE LEARY OF THEM.
And lastly, wrong again. Even though 275's and an EZ are considered a "mild" upgrade, the 275's were designed for this motor, but not in this application. That's why they are called "RV" 275's. They usually have a much stronger transmission behind them.

I'm not opposed to bombing your truck in any way. Just want you to not be misled that bombs don't affect the warranty or durability of your rig. If you want to upgrade the performance, talk to someone qualified like Rod @ Wildcat or other vendors on this site.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Banned

PINETREE, I WANT YOU TO FORGET ALL THE MISLEADING INFORMATION I GAVE YOU. ACCORDING TO AMARTINSON, I AM WRONG ABOUT EVRYTHING I SAID. ON THE DISC BRAKES, EXCUSE ME ON THAT TOO. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY CHANGED IN 01.5. MR . MARTINSON, I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GET YOUR KNOWLEDGE FROM, BUT I GET MINE FROM PEOPLE LIKE ROD & VARIOUS OTHER VENDORS THAT USE THIS SITE. ACCORDING TO ALL OF THEM, THE BOXES WHICH ADD ABOUT 65 TO 70 HP, THAT PLUG INTO THE CUMMINS COMPUTER PLUG & MAP SENSOR, ONLY MAXIMIZE THE PUMPS POTENTIAL. THEY DO NOT MAKE THEM WORK OUTSIDE THE PARAMETERS OF THE PUMPS DESIGN. NOW IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT I DON,T, CUDOS TO YOU. I SHARED INFORMATION WHICH I THINK TO BE ACCURATE, & HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF & HAVE INSTALLED ON MY TRUCK. IT WORKS GREAT FOR ME, & I SHARED THAT WITH THE MAN ASKING QUESTIONS. NOW OL' GREAT PRESIDENT HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Banned

GEE MR. MARTINSON, I JUST NOTICED THE LAST 3 WORDS OF YOUR TRUCKS DESCRIPTION. MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST STAY ON THE PORCH
Old 01-25-2004, 09:14 PM

I think that amartinson's sig means that he is just getting started BOMBing his truck, not his research, knowledge, or experience.

Please, pretty please, turn off the caps lock.

Matt
Old 01-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Banned

i think i will just turn off dtr because it seems some of you are more worried about how i type than dodge diesels. why can't you people accept me the way i am. i don't tell you to change your accent or how you talk. my life was fine before i came to dtr, & it will be fine when i go. so, dtr advertisers, just know that some of these clowns on this site are worried about the wrong thing. capt dash
Old 01-26-2004, 12:51 AM

CAPTDASH,

You have some very good points, but didn't want to get yelled at.

I think you could be a great addition here,, just need to tone it down,, even the bold thing is a little much.

It's easy to get your point across on DTR without yelling or Bolding the letters.

The EZ does not stress teh VP44 more than Designed PUMP limits.

The RV275's were designed for the Cummins, but the RV motor stays below 2,700RPM. (where RV's are governed).

amartinson,
Whoa,, calm down. For the Auto trucks,, it does push the tranny hard,, but for the 5/6 speeds, it's a great upgrade. It does not push the motor too hard. or the axles/driveshaft. Only the Auto Tranny.

Merrick
Old 01-26-2004, 06:15 AM

Captdash,

Check out this reply to one of your other threads concerning your rudeness with the use of capital letters and (to make it even worse) now bold letters also. There is a proper way to conduct yourself, even on internet forums, that you should follow if you want to participate.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...025#post367025

Again, I'm not opposed to bombs in any way. I just would like people (especially new people) to have solid advice about durability and warranty. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you should not try to pass your opinion along as fact. Your comments about bombs not being detected or voiding warranty could potentially cost someone a lot of money. I have great respect for Merrick, Rod, and other sponsers on this site for their research and knowledge. I don't need to get hit in the head with a hammer to know it hurts, and I don't need to have bombs on my truck to know about them either.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:17 PM

I haven't bombed my 2002 because I don't want to lose the resale value of the warranties, both 3/36, and the 7/70. When I sell mine, the purchaser will know that all warranties are still valid.