24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

clutch rough

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch rough

ok heres the story, i went Muddin and to make a long story short i got stuck and the axle was ontop of a mound of mud and the water level was up to the edge of the door, it sat like that for about 2 hours. (my freind drives a skitter and we used that beast to get her out) Now my e-brake feels "tighter" and when the truck is running i push in the clutch, and it feels kinda bumpy, but feels as smoth as glass when the truck is off. Im thinkin i got water in my transmission what kind of damage could there possibly be? i drove it about 15 miles like that. what should i do
Old 02-05-2005, 08:13 PM

h
Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Sounds like you had some fun out there!!! The first thing you need to do is check all fluids. If there is any sign of water contamination, change it immediately. If you are not sure, change it anyway. It's better to be safe than sorry on this issue. The clutch issue sounds wierd. There is no easy way to inspect the clutch other than removing the starter, and I don't know if you could see much that way or not. You may have some debris or residue in there. The E-Brake issue may be debris in the rear drums. Remove the drums and check them.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:03 AM

well the thing thats weird is that its only bumpy when the motor is on. i think i fixed the e-brake problem, but im realy worried about my trans.
is the clutch connected with a cable?
Old 02-06-2005, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, it's a hydraulic setup.

Standard master cylinder on the firewall, slave cylinder down at the bell housing....

Check your clutch fluid?
Old 02-06-2005, 03:48 PM

ok i think im narrowing this down, i checked all fluids and there appears to be no water anywhere, my tranny fluid looked brand new, both diffs are good but kinda brown. And i just looked at the cutch master cylinder and there appears to be no water there either. i expected water to be in the diffs but, since the truck has been sitting for a little bit, would the water go to the bottom? all i did was stick my finger into the fill hole and see what drips off, could the water have settled and kept me from seeing it? also where is the slave cylinder?? i bet there is water down there
Old 02-06-2005, 06:59 PM

you could have got a little mud and water on the clutch and flywheel and if there is a little grit on there it will be a little grabby until it wears off