24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

breather bottle

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculous
alright man, that sounds great, also i was wondering, do you have a bottle at the end of this thing or what?
No bottle. I just added 3 pictures. You can go back up to my sig and click on BOMB, or try this link.

Oil Breather BOMB
Old 07-16-2006, 04:12 PM

alright man, i think i get it, i'll tell ya what i'm thinking here and ya give me some feed back...

from what i understand is, you take off the original breather assemble, hose and bottle both. build this system you have, hook up the flex hose to the original location and clamp down. run the pvc piping along the valve cover, and run the drain down by the fire wall. do i have all this correct?

and what i don't understand is this...does this contraption make it so that there is no oil draining everywhere now, but yet still let it to breathe, or is there still gonna be oil coming out of the drain part of the BOMB.

i guess i don't really understand the concept behind the oil breather all together either so sorry if i'm being a pain, i just don't really understand how it all works.

oh, and another thing, what ya think if i paint this thing red to match my BHAF heat sheild (check gallery to see) it's chrysler red? and another thing, does spray paint stick pretty well to PVC, i don't think i've ever painted that stuff before?

thanks bud!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:04 PM

alright man, i think i get it, i'll tell ya what i'm thinking here and ya give me some feed back...

from what i understand is, you take off the original breather assemble, hose and bottle both. build this system you have, hook up the flex hose to the original location and clamp down. run the pvc piping along the valve cover, and run the drain down by the fire wall. do i have all this correct?

and what i don't understand is this...does this contraption make it so that there is no oil draining everywhere now, but yet still let it to breathe, or is there still gonna be oil coming out of the drain part of the BOMB.

i guess i don't really understand the concept behind the oil breather all together either so sorry if i'm being a pain, i just don't really understand how it all works.

oh, and another thing, what ya think if i paint this thing red to match my BHAF heat sheild (check gallery to see) it's chrysler red? and another thing, does spray paint stick pretty well to PVC, i don't think i've ever painted that stuff before?

thanks bud!

1st part of your question, Yes.

2nd part is Yes and there should be no oil draining, but still breathing. My understanding is this design is similar to that of a breather on a snowmobile where it can be almost turned upside down before the oil will drip.

As far as painting, whatver color you desire. I thought about painting mine maroon to match my truck, but when it came down to it, flat black seems to look much better. Kinda like a factory design. As for the paint sticking, yes it sticks very well. Just getcha a can of interior/exterior Krylon or similar paint and paint away. One final thing, when you glue the pipes together, make sure to clean the pipe glue up right away so you don't have any of those nasty looking runs.

Tye
Old 07-16-2006, 06:13 PM

thanks so much tye for the info, i plan on doing this project next weekend. i have a warbro fuel pump on order and it's schedueld delievery date is tuesday and i plan on putting that on next weekend too, so i'll just do it all at once and make a day of it.

thanks again, and if i go with red, and i like it, i'll show ya a pic so ya can see what ya think, maybe you'll change your mind about the maroon idea, which ain't a bad idea either, b/c you and i have the same color trucks
Old 07-16-2006, 06:16 PM

thanks again, and if i go with red, and i like it, i'll show ya a pic so ya can see what ya think, maybe you'll change your mind about the maroon idea, which ain't a bad idea either, b/c you and i have the same color trucks
Glad to have helped. Definetly post some pics.

Tye
Old 07-17-2006, 04:31 PM

alright man, that sounds great, also i was wondering, do you have a bottle at the end of this thing or what?
Na the hose just hangs out there u may get a little oil out of it my drips time to time.