24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Best way to get er to smoke.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They do say that smoking IS bad for your health.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Valv
Why do you want to get more smoke ? I don't understand the philosophy ?
Cuz the kidz think it's coool, yo.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by erics76
Cuz the kidz think it's coool, yo.
How old are you ???
Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM

How old are you ???
I was joking. Seems around here that all the high school kids are wanting the smoke and it's getting that way on here too. I don't understand it either. The only thing I can figure is that they think it makes them look cool.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:41 PM

Whoops, sorry, I thought you were serious, I apologize.

In theory I have nothing against "smokers", but I am sure it's also a cause, maybe in a small percentage, of the latest emission restrictions that are hurting the diesel truck market.
For every "ricer" we smoke, there's at least several dozens of others viewers that condemns the action and will support any legislation against visible pollution.

Anybody is entitled to their own entertainment choice, I did too get a kick off smoking somebody annoying, but sometimes our actions are hurting ourselves.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 PM

regardless if you like smoke or not a big truck with stacking doing a big burnout with smokin stacks looks cool
Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 PM

Whoops, sorry, I thought you were serious, I apologize.

In theory I have nothing against "smokers", but I am sure it's also a cause, maybe in a small percentage, of the latest emission restrictions that are hurting the diesel truck market.
For every "ricer" we smoke, there's at least several dozens of others viewers that condemns the action and will support any legislation against visible pollution.

Anybody is entitled to their own entertainment choice, I did too get a kick off smoking somebody annoying, but sometimes our actions are hurting ourselves.
No problem. I agree completely. I like a little smoke myself, but I'm conscious of my surroundings. More and more I see people pouring out smoke in town, in neighborhoods, in front of police and I think that's a bad thing for our genre here. My folks have a hardware store, and across the highway is a health clinic. At least a couple times a day, I see trucks leave the stoplight and lay down a cloud a block long. Well when the wind is from the North, all that smoke blows on the elderly folks and kids and generally sick people going into the clinic and I think that's rediculous. Imagine what somebody not into diesels would think. Displays like that are going to effect the diesel community, if they haven't started to already.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by trefling
regardless if you like smoke or not a big truck with stacking doing a big burnout with smokin stacks looks cool
Agreed, but there's a time and a place for that. I have a problem believing a person who's goal is smoke, not power or performance, has the ability to distinguish when and where that time and place are.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 AM

What about the SMOKE SWITCH?? What's this? How it works?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

Smoke switch is a mod that jumps two wires in the boost sensor sytem, what it does is give full boost voltage to the ecm, fooling the ecm that it is under full boost, and therefore ok for the ecm to give full fuel right off idle. it is not a mod for everyone, works best with only some boxes, and not to be left on all the time or codes will be thrown like mad. it is good off the line grunt, and great for smoke, but has been known to cause issues as well. My truck worked fine with it for a while but randomly would cause it to go to uncontrollable wide open throttle. So I disconnected it and closed that page, not going to go for that ever again.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 AM

You have a diesel and you don't want black smoke! Then don't buy a diesel, Its not possible to build high horsepower, and not have black smoke, (FACT). You figure that out you let me know, And no I'm not some punk kid wanting to blow black smoke all over town, I pull a livestock trailer a few times a year and thats all, so I dont' need high horses just want a chip that will blow some smoke when I want it too, but stay low enough that my stock tranny won't fly apart, I want reliability and mileage most of all. Some guys on here just have more money than they know what to do with and can afford to throw parts at these trucks, beleive me if I had the money I would have a couple of these trucks and one I would pull one but I am a poor married man...
Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 AM

I agree with you babyjoe! I love black smoke even if it not mean more power!I like it period But today IS POSSIBLE build a high horsepower diesel with no smoke from the tail pipe! BANKS POWER is a demonstration of this, with it SIDEWINDER pickup! 7.96 sec............!!!Wow!
Oh thanks mikmaze for the smoke switch, I'll left this options...look at some safest!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:32 AM

Thanks SmokinRam, I have two 5" turnouts in my garage that I am waiting to put on as soon as I get the money for the rest of the piping and just thought with stacks I'd like to put out alittle more smoke through them. My wife just had a baby and has been off work for 6weeks and even though I have two jobs my paychecks alone don't leave me with any play money..