24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

best vp44 for the bucks, big bucks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best vp44 for the bucks, big bucks!

who has the cheapest injection pump for my 99 that will last the longest and stand behind the warranty. Had any bad experiences?

my mechanic told me today what i was in denial for a week over. vp gone bad like always.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Please fill out your signature so we know what your driving, and when the IP failed. What guages do you have? What was your fuel pressure?

http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/VP44INFO.html
Old 11-26-2005, 06:51 PM

i changed the lift pump but it was too late. i noticed poor power earlier that day then when i was leaving work it stalled out. now my mechanic tells me to order the vp44.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trex
who has the cheapest injection pump for my 99 that will last the longest and stand behind the warranty. Had any bad experiences?

my mechanic told me today what i was in denial for a week over. vp gone bad like always.

another vote for blue chips pump. it may cost a bit more but its WELL worth it. 1 year warrenty and they are nicer with modded trucks
Old 11-26-2005, 07:04 PM

I dont mean to steal the thread but, I am in the market for a new vp also. The original took a dump last week. I am still driving the truck because it is my only driveable vehicle right now. Last week it would only miss at higher rpm's but, now it is starting to do it at lower rpm's. I think I am going to be replacing it with a hrvp. I just need to get some more information on it. Is it just an electronics difference or are the internals different? Will it work good with a catcher? Comp? Does it still de-fuel at 2700rpm or does it stretch it out to 3200rpm? I am starting to think that a catcher, hrvp44, and my 100hp injectors would make a good combo. Anyone have any thoughts on that, or info on the hrvp please let me know. Thanks
Old 11-26-2005, 10:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Southeast Power in Orlando, at least 600 less on the pump, and similar on the core charge than blue chip.

check it out http://www.se-power.com/default.cfm

Dave
Old 11-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CoastalDav
Southeast Power in Orlando, at least 600 less on the pump, and similar on the core charge than blue chip.

Dave
Does it have the good electronics that the bluechip does?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:06 PM

FWIW, I talked to a guy about the Scheid pumps. I was told there have been something like 27 updates on the VP since it's release. Scheid's performs EVERY update. Just another place to consider. Plus if you're looking for some extra power, you can try the HotRod VP, it's well worth the extra money .
andy
Old 11-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CoastalDav

Dave
Maybe $600 cheaper, but will they warrant it when they know that a fuel box has been on it? Chip will!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:41 PM

Diesel Injection in Louisville.
they have both reg vp44 and hot rod vp44s
the number 502-361-1181
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 AM

I've been phoning through out the week on pumps, and between Blue Chip, Industrial Injection and Scheids as well as some piers and some local shops, it seems to me that Industrial is the way to go. BC is stock powered pump, the upgraded one being the 'Fedex' pump. Scheids hot rod pump is good for 100 hp, but is pretty well for competition only. They said a fuel system upgrade, fuel conditioner in every tank is a must, and isn't reccommended for a daily driver. Industrial said theirs is good for 80 hp, but is as streetable as the stock pump, and has all the upgraded electronics. But that is still coming from their sales guys, so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:39 AM

Just got done putting on a SE-power Vp44 $1115 to my door. its got the fedX module, 1 year warr,$500 core. got it in 3 days works great started right up BC is way high $
Old 12-04-2005, 06:29 AM

Industrial Injection says that they make most of the hrvp's out there. Only thing about the blue chip one is the $1400 core charge
Old 12-04-2005, 06:46 AM

There's always the new option, with no core charge $2,160.60 and keep or sell your old one on ebay.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trex

This is just my opinion...... but its from my own first hand experience
I just lost a "NEW" not a reman VP44 that had a FASS system suplying its fuel and conditioner in every tank so.... This last pump went 13 months/6800 miles (arent 1 year warentees great!)
So you can think what you want they are all junk and will all dump just some sooner than others. Probably in stock trim you will get a better lifespan out of them but its still a crap shoot. This last pump seems to be a electronic failure as it left me stranded on the side of the road during a snow fall (I had to look and see if Mr. Murphy was riding shotgun ) with no warning. I would say just grab a rebuild from a reputable dealer that has a good price and be done with it. In essence tapping the wire with a fueling box basicly doubles the amount of fuel it was desigind to put out and when you work a substanderd component that hard the failure rates will go thru the roof.
The VP44 does not belong on a Cummins, it should be on a gasser or the other guys diesels
JMHO
IwillneverbuyanotherVP44markmywordsratsun

Quick Reply: best vp44 for the bucks, big bucks!