24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Bad News....Trying to troubleshoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check my last post in my thread a little further down called "Idle speed varies in park with A/C on". It could be worth a try. Very little effort to find out.

Daniel
Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 AM

i need to figure out this problem... im not sure what is going on the vp-44 seems to be running find because when it does the chugging at idle the truck still has all the power at tap.... i can punch the pedal and it will spin the tires nearly a block tell it catchs rubber still so i dont see it being hte pump because it would be intermitting power by my opinion... also the fuel PSI is 20 at the injection pump so i know its not that......im confused im going to take it to have it scanned again to see if by chance something will come up on the scanner.... i dont know what to say...
Old 06-06-2006, 08:38 PM

Check fuel supply,pressure is not enough.

Pull the fuel line that supplies the VP44,direct it into a pan,then power pumps.Look for volume eration and any frothyness.Sounds like you are pulling air.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Huff nPuff
Pull the fuel line that supplies the VP44,direct it into a pan,then power pumps.Look for volume eration and any frothyness.Sounds like you are pulling air.

thanks a lot huff n puff i never thought of that simplest thing as it might be pulling air... i just assumed everything was ok since the gauge reads 20 psi constant no matter how hard i get on the truck.....
Old 06-07-2006, 11:56 AM

I was just thinking.. when i turn the truck on the fuel preassure takes about 20 seconds to slowly get to 20 psi... its been doing this for a while now.. so i dont know and when i turn the truck off the pressure drops to 0 within 15 seconds...the fuel preassure gauge is hot from the battery so i know its on with the truck off...... maybe this is tieing into the reason im chugging at idle......
Old 06-07-2006, 06:12 PM

i got frustrated today during work and took the truck to the dealership and had them run diagnostics on it.... with the truck chugging infront of them personally and seeing and hearing it the diagnostic passed EVERYTHING... they looked over it and told me that there was so much aftermarket parts on the truck they wouldnt know where to start at..... They did point out that my fass system looks as if its been leaking badly. I droove around afterwards tryign to find a replacement filter every store that stocked filters where out of the ones i asked for... and the one truck stop said i could put the Fleetguard FS1000 on as the water/fuel seperator... cause its 10 micron and the stock one is 100 micron.... and the fs1000 is twice as long so it would have more volume to filter capable.