24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Anyone Get Their 24V Reflashed for Cold Weather OPs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Anyone Get Their 24V Reflashed for Cold Weather OPs?

Hey there....i'm new to the site...and look forward to helping where i can....<br><br>as for the flash update for cold idling.... what it does is it makes your engine run on 3cyls to increase heat in the engine and cab. It increases your idle from 800-1200 rpm untill it sees a certain temp. You can disable it by stepping on the brake, putting in gear, hitting the throttle, or when it sees the proper temp. I'm not sure what the temp is, but i'll find out if someone wants it...<br><br>hope it helps...<br><br>
Old 01-02-2003, 11:14 AM

So this feature will only work with the auto? How can it tell the difference between the six and auto?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:34 PM

Has anyone done this reflash and experienced loss of power or fuel milage (noticable). I have been pondering trying this flash, but leary of letting the dealers play with my truck.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:07 PM

My brother wrote me this morning and let me know that his truck is &quot;enabled&quot;. He said that he could hear the three cyl's drop off, and the RPM's ramp up. He stated that it does warm up faster, and the fuel milage isn't affected more than normal winter operation in Alaska. He lives in Anchorage, and our father lives in Eagle river, they both have Dodges and recommend the &quot;enhancement&quot; for cold weather ops. <br><br>And that's my input! I have an appointmet for my truck to get done. It gets COLD here in Klamath Falls, plus when my duty ends here, I'll go back home <br><br>Cheers, <br><br>Pete
Old 01-02-2003, 02:32 PM

Just called dodge and they are putting the program on the truck on monday. Anyways the question I have is when using the exhaust brake to warm up. My truck warms up very fast with the exhaust brake, with this help my truck warm up and will this harm the truck?
Old 01-02-2003, 04:24 PM

By the way...<br><br>Hello up there in sled dog country, ridofpwrstroke!<br><br>I miss my winters riding the snowmachines on Hatchers Pass, Eureka Lodge, and in Petersville (at the RoadHouse!) <br><br>Jus' wavin' a hand at ya!<br> <br><br>Pete<br>
Old 01-09-2003, 06:46 AM

on a side note,,the reason for idling with the tranny in nuetral<br>is to prevent the bushings, bearings, &amp; most important the pump from running dry. added benefits include tranny warm up and cool down. I'M SCARED TO HAVE THE ******* TOUCH MY TRUCK. he says with a cold chill
Old 01-10-2003, 12:48 PM

I got my truck reflashed monday. With the exhaust brake on and the high idle, the truck warms up very fast. After about 5 minutes the high idle turns off with the brake on. I like it. Macgyver, I also ride quite abit at all the same places. This year the snow sucks. You still cant ride in petersville yet. A few areas finally opened. To bad your gone.