24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Another TC lock/unlock question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Extra300
Don't forget to clean or replace your hot connections as well. My problem was not totally gone till I replaced ALL of the OEM battery cable ends with new ones. Sounds like you're close to getting it licked. Driving these things becomes fun again when you get past this problem, and you will.
My cables look pretty good. Do I really need to replace them too? What is your theory behind the cable connections?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
My cables look pretty good. Do I really need to replace them too? What is your theory behind the cable connections?
My cable ends didn't look too bad either. I did see some corrosion as the cable went into the factory end. You can clean this but you can't get to real problem with any cleaner. What happens is that it corrodes inside where the end is molded to the cable. You can't see it till you cut it open. What I figured happened was that this resistance caused enough voltage loss to screw up the computer, or, the alternator was having to work overtime to compensate, and this caused even more electronic dirt to interfear with the apps signal to the computer, beyond what the filter could overcome. Either way, just cleaning the battery posts and ends didn't work. No lock up issues since performing this step. Not one.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Extra300
My cable ends didn't look too bad either. I did see some corrosion as the cable went into the factory end. You can clean this but you can't get to real problem with any cleaner. What happens is that it corrodes inside where the end is molded to the cable. You can't see it till you cut it open. What I figured happened was that this resistance caused enough voltage loss to screw up the computer, or, the alternator was having to work overtime to compensate, and this caused even more electronic dirt to interfear with the apps signal to the computer, beyond what the filter could overcome. Either way, just cleaning the battery posts and ends didn't work. No lock up issues since performing this step. Not one.
Can't argue with success!

I was hauling hay yesterday and it would jump in and out only a couple of time an hour. Today not once, and I touched nothing. Pretty weird.