24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Air dog 100 and stock pump delete???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air dog 100 and stock pump delete???

Ordered a air dog 100 and a big line kit from vulcan and was wondering do you delete/ take off stock lift pump? If so do they make a block off plate or will I have to fab. something up? With 100 I don't need a draw straw,but I noticed that they are now making a replacement sender with bigger lines and a return line,new float etc. my fuel guage is off anyways so I might go this route if needed.Thanks, Nate
Old 08-16-2009, 12:59 PM

My Air Dog 100 came with the big linesalready,,,,, so I don't know, maybe they sell just the pump?

On my install, I just unbolted my OE pump from the mounting plate that covers the hole your talking about,,, I also took off my fuel filter, since the Airdog has it's own.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get rid of them...just make sure you don't remove their mounting brackets or bolts that hold them--they hold other things together.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 PM

I would install a DrawStraw with EVERY fuel system!!

Just too many restrictions to not do it right.

You can remove the stock fuel pump. The bracket covers up a hole in the block. You can remove it, cut it down into a block off plate if you prefer.

Dave
Old 08-17-2009, 03:05 PM

new module VS drawstraw from vulcan

O.K so does the "new" module they are selling act as a drawstraw? My fuel gauge is not working properly so I was going to go that route........ but if drawstraw is better....... my 100 comes with big line kit..... I thought I would need big line kit from stock filter to VP and was not sure what all comes with 100. Is there fittings and Enough hose to delete the stock filter and get to theV.P.?
Old 08-17-2009, 04:25 PM

What module who is selling?

If you are referring to the Pureflow draw tube kit, it's less effective for more money. The complete modules do not take the place of a DrawStraw and Vulcan is even modifying new modules with a DrawStraw V already installed.

Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U
What module who is selling? vulcan

If you are referring to the Pureflow draw tube kit, it's less effective for more money. The complete modules do not take the place of a DrawStraw and Vulcan is even modifying new modules with a DrawStraw V already installed.

Dave
http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Dra...w-p/jlfmds.htm but this states for jeep liberty..... are they doing them for our trucks as well cause like I said my gauge if foobarred $50 for drawstraw and another $50 to fix gauge or $199 for whole assy.......
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM

it already comes with big lines unless you plan on going as big as PVC plumbing, didnt they tell you that when you ordered it? and they are a pain in the neck to get on up by the VP

Originally Posted by duster75
Ordered a air dog 100 and a big line kit from vulcan and was wondering do you delete/ take off stock lift pump? If so do they make a block off plate or will I have to fab. something up? With 100 I don't need a draw straw,but I noticed that they are now making a replacement sender with bigger lines and a return line,new float etc. my fuel guage is off anyways so I might go this route if needed.Thanks, Nate
Old 08-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by clowndodge01
it already comes with big lines unless you plan on going as big as PVC plumbing, didnt they tell you that when you ordered it? and they are a pain in the neck to get on up by the VP
Not pcv....lol I ordered on line so no one to talk to......... so they give you enough hose I take it to go from the tank to pump and pump to VP and all fittings needed, If I Deleted stock filter. Guess I'll be returning the big line kit that goes from filter(stock )to VP that I ordered and get a drawstraw.Have to go to Dodge Directly for sender/float to fix my gauge issue.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:08 PM

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Dra...w-p/jlfmds.htm but this states for jeep liberty..... are they doing them for our trucks as well cause like I said my gauge if foobarred $50 for drawstraw and another $50 to fix gauge or $199 for whole assy.......
Yes, that is a modified drop in module. Honestly, that module design is far superior to all the original 2nd gen designs.

Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM

O.K so does the "new" module they are selling act as a drawstraw? My fuel gauge is not working properly so I was going to go that route........ but if drawstraw is better....... my 100 comes with big line kit..... I thought I would need big line kit from stock filter to VP and was not sure what all comes with 100. Is there fittings and Enough hose to delete the stock filter and get to theV.P.?
The standard Raptor kit come with a fuel line kit. It has enough parts and hose to get to the filter inlet. To go from the filter to injection pump, Vulcan has a "big line kit". This included the adapters, swivel fittings, bio/ veg/ diesel compatible fuel line and a 90* VP fitting that gives you a place for fuel pressure.

Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 PM

I had line left over i think about a foot or so and its some pretty fat line too, my pressure stays at 18-21 psi idle and when i mash it it doesnt drop below 16

Not pcv....lol I ordered on line so no one to talk to......... so they give you enough hose I take it to go from the tank to pump and pump to VP and all fittings needed, If I Deleted stock filter. Guess I'll be returning the big line kit that goes from filter(stock )to VP that I ordered and get a drawstraw.Have to go to Dodge Directly for sender/float to fix my gauge issue.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 AM

so, I called Vulcan yesterday... they were confuised when they saw that I ordered that big ling kit so I will be returning that..... (nice people BTW) ordered a drawstraw from them but it will not get here quick enough cause I've got a 500 mile trip planned this weekend haul'in load so I want to get it installed before I go..... Can I just tap into fact lines for now.......until straw gets here? the air dog 100 I assume comes with a straw but you must have to drill tank? thanks, Nate
Old 08-19-2009, 06:39 PM

thanks for info. but going the w/ straw and fact. sending unit(gauge inopt.)..... no raptors here just 100, Nate