24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

After Market Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After Market Warranty

ihave a need to send this info along to any of you considering purchasing an aftermarket warranty.
i am now enjoying my fourth dodge truck that i purchased an aftermarket warranty for from WARRANTY DIRECT http://www.autowarranty.cc/warrantydirect/
the latest truck i purchased was my 2001 diesel and am i glad i purchased this warranty!!
in the past 3 months they have purchased a lift pump--turbo charger--power steering pump--att -automatic transmission and tourque converter--and i am sure i am forgetting other items.
no hassles , they just give my Chrsler dealer a credit card number over the phone and i am on my way.
on my 96 they replaced (among other things) 3 air conditioner compressors!
one of the best investments i have ever made
almost forgot, my 2001 gasser had a rear end rebuilt in NM last year they payed for while i was on the road and they paid for the towing a rental car and 3 days motel stay and meals!
Old 03-27-2004, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad to hear of your good experience with an aftermarke warranty.

I purchased a sizeable amount of warranty when I bought my "new" truck and hope that it will protect me as well, if the need should arrise.

Mine is held by "Lubrico"
Old 03-27-2004, 05:34 PM

i have heard of a big shake up in the aftermarket warranty market. i understand that a number of them were underwritten by a foreign subsiderary that is in bankrupsy now.
I have yet to hear a complaint about this warranty company and it is US owned !! not much of anything US owned any longer
Old 03-28-2004, 02:57 PM

Make sure you read the fine print and don't just take the dealers word for what is covered. My brother bought a 99 CTD with around 85k miles and the extended warrentee. 2 weeks before we were leaving for vacation his tranny goes out. No problem extended warrentee right? WRONG! They diagnosed the bad tranny and told him per his EW they could repair or replace it with a tranny with equal or less miles! So needless to say off to DTT he went. DTT went so far as to call the people that had the appointment for their tranny upgrade to see if they (DTT) could bump them to get my brother in so the vacation plans didn't have to change. Great shop IMNSHO! Phil
Old 03-28-2004, 03:15 PM

i know, i have heard a lot of horror stories about these after market warrant companies.
This is the fourth vehicle i have had after market waranties with this company with and have NEVER had a claim questioned. Dealer calls them and they ok the claims, that simple.