24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

24Valve LPs....National Backorder

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

Location: Newman Lake, WA (But my home is deep in the heart of Texas!)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 24Valve LPs....National Backorder

This post is a continuum of “Guess what…it happened to me”….however things have taken a turn for the worse………..

Went to DC today after I heard the message that LPs were on backorder and they did not know when they would be in. Here are the details…………

Called another local dealer last night and he said 5 were in stock. So this morning I went to the DC dealer where my truck is and told him. He said that they could have one sent over if they did have one. So I got to work and called the local dealer who supposedly had one and he said yes there are five on the shelf. Then I explained my situation and asked if one could be sent to where my truck is and after stumbling and mumbling a few times he said that he would have to check because a few of them were tagged as sold. Then he came back and told me that they were all tagged as sold and that none were available. My talk on this is that if I walked in right now they would sell me one but not give up the profit for warranty work.

Also to make matters worse, DC does not reimburse for rentals or provide loaner cars. So for the price to rent a car to keep my job I am out for more than a FASS.

What gives?

I am calling DC customer service now………….
Old 07-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned

Man that sucks, sorry to hear about that!!! I hate dealerships.......never fails when it comes to them!!

~Nick
Old 07-28-2006, 11:42 AM

Lp

When I called them they said there was 1 left I got it. They said next time I would have to get the intank conversion. Check out the walbro pumps I hear there pretty good alot cheeper than a fass. You can also call cummins. Good luck,

Paul
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

Just filed a complanit with Dodge customer service on the dealer who had 5 pumps then miraculously found out they were sold because I needed warranty work. The BBB and ditsrict manager will be contacted soon.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally if the item is on back order and it's something I need on a regular basis and the parts manager comes out and says "dealer X wants piece Y, should we sell it?" I may decline and suggest we hang on to it. It's paid off on a few occasions to get my guys up and running. Not what you wanted to hear, but it's the way it goes.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:56 PM

There on national back order!??? They must be going out on people left and right. Hasnt the manufaturor relized by now, that they make a a horrible crappy product???? Or maybe thats the point, so they can sell them all day.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:54 PM

Call the cummins dealer ask for part #4090046 It cost about $60.00
Old 07-28-2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by 9 sec camaro
Call the cummins dealer ask for part #4090046 It cost about $60.00
You are correct.......

tanderson2002us - having to wait for the lp just saved you a headache in the future. Even if its free - dont take the dealers lift pump. Dc now puts the lift pump in the tank and most guys that have put them in are very unhappy. Run far and run fast because they dont put out adequate fuel pressure to lube and cool your VP-44.

Get yourself an oem lift pump from Cummins (or another source), a Vulcan big line kit or a AFSS and be doen with your problems.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 AM

I am going to have to buy me a FASS system. Vulcan Performance is the way to go!! Yeah I also hate dealerships I am going through a similiar situation and I am about to go BBB on them if they are not careful. Its not that I want to but when push comes to shove Sorry to hear about all the trouble tanderson, and good luck
Old 07-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Banned

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

Here is the situation…………….

After I called DC customer service and lodged the complaint I called the dealer I had the problem with and told the lady on the phone that I need to speak to the owner of the dealership because he may like to know that I have a problem with his business practices and that complaints had been filed. I got through to the General Manager and explained. He was very receptive and said he would go see the parts manager and called be in a few minutes wich he did. He said that he regretfully had to inform me that they did have 5 pumps but were holding them for their customers. I told him that if I had come down with a checkbook I would have walked away with an LP. That was my point and he agreed it was wrong. He said that if I could get the truck to them they would fix it. If I was to have the truck towed if would have been over 100.00. Plus the 100.00 warranty service fee = 200.00. Plus the two days of rental car totals 300.00…..see where I am going. I told him I would get back and went to lunch. When I got back there were two voice mails/ The first from the service manager from that company sounding very nice and sincere wanting me to call him. The second from the service manager where my truck was. I call him and he said the following which blew me away…………

He said “ I want you to know that we have been informed that if could be 1 – 2 weeks before we get our lift pumps in. We do feel however that DC should be doing more to focus on our customers. We would like you to go to the rental car agency you are working with and get whatever you like. We will cover the costs and repay you for your last 2 days. We want to work this out.

I am very pleased thus far except for the runaround from the other dealership. I have 13 months and 40k miles left on the warranty. If I get LP and VP I will be even happier. If I get LP only and it sucks….looks like I will get new VP eventually. All I wanted in the beginning was service which it seems I am getting now. Will update soon.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Oh by the ways....Dodge vipers handle sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Just kidding....got the Seabring (sp?) Nice little car, I am just sitting four feet lower than normal!
Old 07-29-2006, 12:45 PM

OOO! So thats why the dealer ordered me a new a LP over 3 weeks ago and never heard from him.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is so ridiculous to me. You can go buy the Carter from Cummins for less than a 100 bucks. You can get it from Napa for 120 bucks. You can get the 4601HP pump which has about 4 more pounds of pressure for 120 bucks. Dude instead of wasting your money like you did from the start, why not bite the bullet & get one from one of these other locations. Much cheaper than renting & waiting. Your dealer also probably has an account with a NAPA store or other parts store that could order the thing from them & get you going. Though it is under warranty, it still costs you one way or another. Just Fix it & be through with it. Show the dumb Azz service mgr how smart you are & how dumb he is by providing the part for him or telling him to call NAPA. They can get authorization from DC to do that. Seen it done numerous times.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:54 PM

Just a comment about what happened to me. My VP44 threw a P2016 code , took it to the dealer, and after much hesitation I let them install an intank lift pump on warreanty. Drove another 300 miles towing my 5er and low and behold another P2016. Back to dealer, they say we don’t have a VP44 for my ETH, so I went back to the parts dept and ordered one. Parts dept. called 2 days later said my VP was in. I brought my truck in and they installed VP and called me and said my bill was $2400 and some change, I said that this was a warranty job, there was a long pause, and they said “let me call you back” Half an hour later I got a call and they says “come get your truck, no charge” On my statement when I picked up the truck they charged Chysler $1588 (VP $1030 + $146 Labor.) That means they would have charged me almost $1000 more than they charged the company. No wonder they are reluctant to do warranty work if they can make an extra grand on us.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by BIGHEAD
This is so ridiculous to me. You can go buy the Carter from Cummins for less than a 100 bucks. You can get it from Napa for 120 bucks. You can get the 4601HP pump which has about 4 more pounds of pressure for 120 bucks. Dude instead of wasting your money like you did from the start, why not bite the bullet & get one from one of these other locations. Much cheaper than renting & waiting. Your dealer also probably has an account with a NAPA store or other parts store that could order the thing from them & get you going. Though it is under warranty, it still costs you one way or another. Just Fix it & be through with it. Show the dumb Azz service mgr how smart you are & how dumb he is by providing the part for him or telling him to call NAPA. They can get authorization from DC to do that. Seen it done numerous times.
I told tanderson the same thing in his other thread about " it happened to me" . This thread makes me want to drive out to Idaho, and fix it myself .

Sorry tanderson, just venting ................Jim

Quick Reply: 24Valve LPs....National Backorder