24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

10mph Max - Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10mph Max - Help!!!!

Hey guys,

Had a weird thing happen and was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

My check engine light came on the other day and I ran it over to the local Dodge dealer. Of course, he couldn't get me in until tomorrow. He said that as long as everything appears to be running fine, not to worry about it too much.

Last night I started to leave my office and when I pulled out on the road, I hit the throttle and it wouldn't go over 10mph, virtullay at idle speed. The engine RPM's never came up. I could put the pedal to the floor and nothing.

I got pulled over to the side of the road and sat there for maybe a minute. I placed it in Park and each gear trying to get it to go and nothing. All of a sudden it just takes off and acts normal.

It will be at the dealer tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2004, 10:04 AM

Hello Elkslayer and welcome to the site. It is a good idea to fill in the Signature section with the particulars of your truck (year, tranny, and any mods) so those familiar with your truck can help.
This sounds like it could have something to do with the APPS. I would try this APPS reset before you go to the dealer it might save you some money.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...n&onlynewfaq=1
Good Luck
Old 03-04-2004, 11:13 AM

Thanks a bunch Billg. I'm gonna give that a try tonight before taking it in tomorrow. I'm thinking of having the dealer install a couple of guages. I'm going with a Fuel Pressure and Trans temp guages. I'm looking at having a 3 guage pillar installed. What would be the next guage that you would recommend to install?
Old 03-04-2004, 11:32 AM
DPG

Elkslayer:

You mention in your sig that you are not going to be stock much longer. If that is the case you should have a couple more gauges: pyrometer and boost pressure gauge. If you add a fueling box or bigger injectors you can run into Exhaust Gas Temps that can cook your pistons if you are not aware of the EGT's that you are running. The boost gauge will let you know if you have an intercooler boot that's loose, turbo problem, etc. It's possible to mount all four on the pillar. You can check my member photos to see how I did it.

Be sure to let us know how you come out at the dealer with your problem.

DeWain
Old 03-04-2004, 11:54 AM

Elkslayer
DPG gave you good advice. It cannot be stressed enough how important the EGT gauge is if you are bombing the truck. When you add fuel those temps can go up fast and you need it to know when to get off the go pedal to keep from hurting the truck. The gauges are the first mod you should do. All 4 of the gauges mentioned are essential in my opinion.
You can look in my gallery to see typical locations of the sensors. The first 3 pics
1 Pre turbo pyro
2 Tranny sensor with cross over tube from Dodge part# 5011244-aa /tube oil 7014002 @$106.00
What kind of fuel gauge are you getting?
3 Boost gauge tap on side of intake.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:12 PM

I am/have installed westech gauges in mine. I have a 3 pillar, plus an add-on, making it a 4 pillar. My gauges are/willbe as follows:
Top 1: Boost/ EGT
2:Trans. temp / rear end temp.
3: Oil pressure
4: Fuel pressure.