1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Would you attend a 1st Gen day.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:19 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you attend a 1st Gen day.....

Hi guys.... I'd like to know if any of you would be interested in attending a 1st Gen day at PDR in BC.
No official decision has been made, nor has a date been fixed but it would most certainly NOT be done to conflict with any other events already in the works were ever possible.
So, in general terms, would you attend?... would you prefer May or June? and so forth..
I suspect this post should be in one of the other forums however since it revolves around the 1st gen group I thought I'd start the ball rolling in here....

let me know .....I'll pass along your responses....

pastor bob
Old 05-03-2004, 09:04 AM

I would if I lived anywhere near there
Old 05-03-2004, 12:37 PM

I would love to check it out, but I'm in ontario. Let us know if you do get something together though, you never know...
Old 05-03-2004, 09:30 PM

Im feelin about the same as Furious...the drive from Chicago is somethin like 30 hours if I remember it correctly. I'd be willing to drive for about 12 hours, and even then, it would probably be pushin it....
Old 05-03-2004, 10:52 PM

Just let me know when.

Stomp
Old 05-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

You know guys... you never cease to surprise me.... even from the East coast you still would like to attend.....
You just need to bring a couple other guys with ya... maybe Ford guys.... that'll make for a neat ride home.....

Anyway, I am just doing a "feeling out" to see if there is enough interest to do it again.
Last year, in January the weather was cloudy, cold and kinda crappy, but we had no less than about 25 1st gen trucks. Some had driven all night through snow storms in our interior to be there....
We went thru 3 or 4 15 lb. turkeys in the deep fryer, had a real howl, smoked some rubber, denied it all to the cops when they came (they always do) and generally pud fuddled around all day.
On top of that we also had about a dozen second gens show up too...man, what a hoot, and in the middle of bleedin winter....

Keep your eyes' peeled..... when there is more to advise I'll post it for you here....

best regards, Pastor Bob...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:44 PM

I would like too as well but Im probably 1500 miles away. It would be a blast.
Grand Junction Colorado would be a good central location
Old 05-04-2004, 07:35 PM

Angry Me too !!!!

Originally posted by uncleroty
I would love to check it out, but I'm in ontario. Let us know if you do get something together though, you never know...
**** Pastor, I'd love to go but I'm in Ontario as well......Can we meet yah half way ???
Old 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM

i'd like to come but i'm from California!
maybe i'll plan a vacation? keep me informed.
i'd love to come!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by planejane
i'd like to come but i'm from California!
maybe i'll plan a vacation? keep me informed.
i'd love to come!
When PDR had their dyno day last year, there were at least 2 trucks from CA including one guy from SoCal (down near LA). There was even someone that drove from OK to be there. It is quite a time if you can make it ... that is if it happens! nudge, nudge ... prod, prod.

Carl
Old 05-07-2004, 06:48 AM

Bob, Maybe offer some type of prize for longest distance driven. Like another plate of turkey...LOL. I would love to come and show Nascar Mark that his old motor is still turning heads and smokin' TIRES....LOL, But VT is just too far to drive this time. Maybe some day.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Hey "Nutty.... you know, he's like a proud pappa.. he STILL points to that engine as a "wildman wilson" product..... OH, he will actually BE a Pappa on Sept. 28'ish this year....
I saw an ultrasound of the little gaffer....funny thing is, the little booger has a big "C" on his tushy....at least I think it was his tushy...whatever.....

pb...
Old 05-08-2004, 08:00 AM

Well he should be proud of it. It is still kicking with a lot of kick. Needed to turn the power down due to snow but that is over now. Once the 4" lift kit and 36" Mickey Thompsons go on, power will be back up to where it belongs. It is about time he becomes a papa. I can picture the 'C' on his chest...LMAO.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:33 AM

i'm in idaho, and i would probably be willing to make that drive for my first bomb party.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bushy,

I have family in Kelowna so would make a great weekend for me, June July or early Aug would be fine.

Quick Reply: Would you attend a 1st Gen day.....