1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

will a 2wd bed work on a 4wd truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will a 2wd bed work on a 4wd truck

I got a 91 1st gen 4x4 which was absolutely perfect not even a scratch in the paint and some trucker ran me into a gaurdrail screwed up the hole passenger side I found a decent 90 2wd parts truck does anyone know if the 2wd bed work on my 4wd
Old 04-05-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,690 Posts
The 2wd bed will be a bolt on, as long as both are 8 ft beds.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All theses Truck's are the same the only difference is 2 wheel drive and 4x4 is front suspension frame width and all 81to 93 is all the same body lines for body work .
Old 04-06-2014, 08:46 AM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
My D250(2wheel drive) frame is the same as my dads W250(4wheel drive) frames minus some holes for the suspension.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bossom 91
I got a 91 1st gen 4x4 which was absolutely perfect not even a scratch in the paint and some trucker ran me into a gaurdrail screwed up the hole passenger side I found a decent 90 2wd parts truck does anyone know if the 2wd bed work on my 4wd
Trucks have a blind spot on the right hand side. never pass a truck on the right.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You did not say if the parts truck is a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton. I believe that 1/2 ton bed have an extra mounting bracket that needs to be removed to use on a 3/4 or 1 ton.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
Trucks have a blind spot on the right hand side. never pass a truck on the right.
What, are you kidding? Are you hanging out with Mr. Martin or something? I can't even begin to say how presumptuous that is, sheesh...Mark
Old 04-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by maybe368
What, are you kidding? Are you hanging out with Mr. Martin or something? I can't even begin to say how presumptuous that is, sheesh...Mark
No I was a truck driver for years Most people don't know about the blind spots and end up finding out the hard way. I once had a woman merge into my front wheel. Another time at night I had a car "pass" my trailer tires and merge under the deck of a 48' flatbed I was pulling. People need to be more carful around big trucks is all.

I didn't mean any offence and I didn't assume that is what happened It just came out wrong.

I just mention it every time something like this comes up. There are a lot of people that just don't know until it is too late. Even people that tow with one tons don't have the blind spots you do in a big truck.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Administrator

No I was a truck driver for years Most people don't know about the blind spots and end up finding out the hard way. I once had a woman merge into my front wheel. Another time at night I had a car "pass" my trailer tires and merge under the deck of a 48' flatbed I was pulling. People need to be more carful around big trucks is all.

I didn't mean any offence

I just mention it every time something like this comes up. there are a lot of people that just don't know until it is too late.
That's fine, no problem here. I drove fire trucks of all shapes and sizes for nearly 30 years, as well as big rigs, short singles and long doubles as a side job for 10 years, and I can say that with correct, properly adjusted mirrors, there is no blind spot on the right side of a semi. I have never driven triples, so I cannot speak to that. I think that there are many big rig drivers that get tired, complacent or whatever else and use the size of their trucks as an excuse. If the driver cannot account for the lane next to him (or her), they should not change lanes until they can. I have been nearly run off the road by truckers, THAT JUST PASSED ME IN THE LEFT LANE, what's the excuse for that? Also, truckers (many of them) think that tapping the brakes and slowing a little is yielding to an emergency vehicle. I don't know how many times that I had to wait for a big rig to go by, so that I could make a turn while responding to an emergency. They should learn how to drive, check their equipment and obey traffic laws and stop blaming the little vehicle. This went on for years and never stopped during my career and I am a tad sensitive to it, in case you couldn't tell...Mark
Old 04-06-2014, 07:22 PM

That's fine, no problem here. I drove fire trucks of all shapes and sizes for nearly 30 years, as well as big rigs, short singles and long doubles as a side job for 10 years, and I can say that with correct, properly adjusted mirrors, there is no blind spot on the right side of a semi. I have never driven triples, so I cannot speak to that. I think that there are many big rig drivers that get tired, complacent or whatever else and use the size of their trucks as an excuse. If the driver cannot account for the lane next to him (or her), they should not change lanes until they can. I have been nearly run off the road by truckers, THAT JUST PASSED ME IN THE LEFT LANE, what's the excuse for that? Also, truckers (many of them) think that tapping the brakes and slowing a little is yielding to an emergency vehicle. I don't know how many times that I had to wait for a big rig to go by, so that I could make a turn while responding to an emergency. They should learn how to drive, check their equioment and obey traffic laws and stop blaming the little vehicle. This went on for years and never stopped during my career and I am a tad sensitive to it, in case you couldn't tell...Mark
my point is if you pass on the right you are asking for trouble.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Administrator

I guess I was doing it wrong all these years
Honestly, did you pull to the right and come to a complete stop every time that you saw an emergency vehicle while driving your rig?...Mark
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Honestly, did you pull to the right and come to a complete stop every time that you saw an emergency vehicle in your rig?...Mark
Where the hell did that come from? Sheesh! talk about presumptuous.

I try to remind people about a dangerous action and you start assuming I don't know anything about it.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Where the hell did that come from? Sheesh! talk about presumptuous.

I try to remind people about a dangerous action and you start assuming I don't know anything about it.
I am not presuming anything, I am asking...Mark
Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Mark, I have almost ran over jackasses in cars getting over to the right as I may be a loved one or myself that needs that extra few seconds some day!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:40 PM

Have a cerveza and calm down.

Quick Reply: will a 2wd bed work on a 4wd truck