1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

wife hates truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wife hates truck

I bought my truck over a year ago and it was an on the farm truck so needless to say it took me over 225 hours of body work, front end work and countless hours getting everything to work properly. I work on my truck alot to give me something to do. When I started to put on a new rocker panel the old lady informed me she hated my truck and she hoped I caught it on fire when I welded it in. I think that falls under the category of blasphemy. Anybody else have this problem and can you give me the name of a good divorce attorney.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Banned

LOL, mine would rather drive my truck than her new charger. see likes to here the tubo whine.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Mine loves both my trucks
Old 02-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by hoghead
I bought my truck over a year ago and it was an on the farm truck so needless to say it took me over 225 hours of body work, front end work and countless hours getting everything to work properly. I work on my truck alot to give me something to do. When I started to put on a new rocker panel the old lady informed me she hated my truck and she hoped I caught it on fire when I welded it in. I think that falls under the category of blasphemy. Anybody else have this problem and can you give me the name of a good divorce attorney.
I think she's just jealous. Maybe you need to give her a little more attention.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wannadiesel
I think she's just jealous. Maybe you need to give her a little more attention.
yeah, just dont' try to weld new rockers on her....
Old 02-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Judge wapner not judge judy
Old 02-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Chapter President

I fell your pain...hmmmm let's see, first, I went and bought the truck after she told me not too Then I have proceeded to put roughly $7-8000 into her and as we all know, every month there is something that either breaks or needs "upgrading" To say my wife hates my truck is an understatement. Each and every argument we ever have somehow ends up coming back on my truck and how I keep putting money into her On the other hand, she does admit that it is useful around the house and field, and I love the fact that it aggrevates the heck out of her I think deep down in side she is just jealous I do love her though....
Old 02-10-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Do what I did and get her a truck.

Usually, jealousy is demonstrated by a displayed "hatred" of the subject of that jealousy.

A wife will be jealous of a mistress, so soon she begins to hate said mistress; she doesn't have one and is jealous of yours.

This applies to lots of stuff that would surprise you.

A friend hated her husbands smoking cigars; she started puffing coffin-nails, and now they get along great, two-pack habit and all.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 PM

mine liked my truck so much, i had to buy her one. she also told me not to worry about valentine's day, she had a 2 for 1 coupon to a mexican joint she likes. man i love that woman .
Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Wink Might Try Flowers

I hate to guess how many hours went into my conversion; my bride started calling it "the other woman." It may sound silly to us, but buying her flowers, I can't do anything wrong. Buying her eleven roses and then telling her she's the first rose of the dozen in my life gets me even more points.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:20 PM

I feel your pain!
My wife calls mine "my girlfriend" and my 5 year old daughter isn't very fond of it either.
I keep thinking I am right around the corner from not working on it all the time and then I break it or buy something else for it.
I guess its a better addiction then others!
Good luck!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:56 PM

Hehehe, I think its just her way of saying she wants something expencive for valentines day. And like Bearkiller said, Go buy "her" her own 1st Gen. its a win - win situation.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Amen To Her Own Truck

When that young lady married me in '78, we moved to Rockland, Maine and the first thing we bought was 1974 D100 with a slant 6 to replace the VW microbus I was driving.
From that moment on she was hooked on pickups.
We've gone through some station wagons and an SUV over the years, but she's driving an F150 now with a V6 and automatic, and she loves it. Gotta let her go. She's safer than she would be in a roller skate.
She didn't squabble too much through the conversion; you should have heard her cheer when that diesel first busted off.
She still won't ride with me though; says diesel odor makes her sick.
From what I hear, flowers are cheaper than divorces.

Last edited by dumptruck200; 02-10-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: complete the thought
Old 02-10-2007, 06:05 PM

My GF thinks mine is smelly, loud, rides bad, has no comforts, is hard to climb into, and she don't like looking at the plow lights in the center of the hood.

all of which are true, but i like it, so there
Old 02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by EClancy
... mine is smelly, loud, rides bad, has no comforts, is hard to climb into, and she don't like looking at the plow lights in the center of the hood.
What's not to like?

Quick Reply: wife hates truck