1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

whos traveling on road this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:30 PM
9MM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by penguinman
Montana, So Cal (for a wedding blah), and maybe up to Seattle....fuel is at $4.19 now, 10 cents cheaper...whoohoo! Hope to have my pop up tent camper set up soon....
I wish I was you still paying more in Canada at 126.9 a litre.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Looking at driving to Michigan from Cali to tear down and salvage a barn with a buddy, and then maybe down to Georgia to visit family, expensive but not working right now and need something to do.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heading up to Neb then over to ILL then up to Wisc.then back over to Neb the3n back to Cali all within 2 week's time Woooooooooo hooooooooooooooo
Old 06-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Location: A 5th dimension, beyond that which is known to man.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe to NY from illinois sometime this summer. i have to choose between the truck or my gf's neon.... i wish the truck got 34mpg like that little neon.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 PM

Headed in July from No. Cal up to No. Idaho and catch US 2 to Michigan. See friends and family there and then head back across US 20 with a loops up into S.D. and thru Yellowstone...then home. Sleep most nights in PU shell. Got three weeks off and gonna enjoy it! New skins, oil, lube...she's ready to go.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:44 PM

I'm running some where all year long
Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by penguinman
Montana, So Cal (for a wedding blah), and maybe up to Seattle....fuel is at $4.19 now, 10 cents cheaper...whoohoo! Hope to have my pop up tent camper set up soon....

lol when you come into Seattle be prepared for all the gas tax...
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scot pa
I'm headed over to Lincoln this weekend. I might go over again for the Husker Harvest days, too. That's about as far as I am going til about Christmas.
hey my mom and dad help set up that show lol
Old 06-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ppiggppenn
I stick to the speed limits mostly unless I get into a faster convoy of RVs (it happens).
It does? I used to run all over northern IN (where they build them) and all they ever did was get in the way.

An RV on I-95 means someone to pass, a convoy means a 10 mile long traffic jam.

Originally Posted by lovin1stgens
hey my mom and dad help set up that show lol
Being I'm still in my first year in Nebraska I want to hit the shows. I'm missing the rodeo at the Nebraskaland days, or so I heard, right now. I have a friend that's in with the Nebraska Tractor Test Museum people that helps set up the antique tractors, he's getting packed up to head to Albert Lea, MN, for the red power round-up right now.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
yeah 92 smokin', we start thru south east oregon for a few days at lake owyhee, for some agate rock hounding, and dualsport motorcycle riding, a little boating, then our plan is to hit the idaho 20 to craters of the moon monument, and next an interesting stop at the idaho national engeneering lab, they built the first operational nuclear reactor back in the late fourties, and you can do a self guided tour through it, ever heard of it? from there, well continue to the north west entrance to yellowstone, ive been there a couple times, my buddy has not seen it, well skirt the edge of your stomping ground heading south passed the tetons, jackson lake, to pinedale, through cora, and up to the green river source, green river lakes campgound, a beautiful spot that scared us away with thunder storm snow in august a few years to back, an excellent trout spot. well pass thru around the 28th, then its south to moab, for a good off road stint.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
by the way, i hear wyoming has the cheapest fuel in the country, is this right?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:11 PM

[/QUOTE] Being I'm still in my first year in Nebraska I want to hit the shows. I'm missing the rodeo at the Nebraskaland days, or so I heard, right now. I have a friend that's in with the Nebraska Tractor Test Museum people that helps set up the antique tractors, he's getting packed up to head to Albert Lea, MN, for the red power round-up right now.[/QUOTE]

wanna hear the crazy thing? we're from Indiana haha ive never actually seen that show. but, i have seen every single Farm Progress Show since 1992. cant remember and till about 96' or 97' lol i understand that'd be one duesy of a haul, but if you like seeing farm shows like husker harvest days, Farm Progress show is definately one to see lol
Old 06-19-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by sooty
by the way, i hear wyoming has the cheapest fuel in the country, is this right?

Yeah, sometimes. Down around Cheyenne I think.

I'll be making a trip down to Denver to pick up a scooter on my next days off. Hopefully my truck will be out of the shop by then.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by sooty
yeah 92 smokin', we start thru south east oregon for a few days at lake owyhee, for some agate rock hounding, and dualsport motorcycle riding, a little boating, then our plan is to hit the idaho 20 to craters of the moon monument, and next an interesting stop at the idaho national engeneering lab, they built the first operational nuclear reactor back in the late fourties, and you can do a self guided tour through it, ever heard of it? from there, well continue to the north east entrance to yellowstone, ive been there a couple times, my buddy has not seen it, well skirt the edge of your stomping ground heading south passed the tetons, jackson lake, to pinedale, through cora, and up to the green river source, green river lakes campgound, a beautiful spot that scared us away with thunder storm snow in august a few years to back, an excellent trout spot. well pass thru around the 28th, then its south to moab, for a good off road stint.
Yep I've been to the craters of the moon before, kinda neat but its out in the middle of nowhere. And Yes INEL, or they might have changed their name to INL now I'm not sure, my brother worked there for a while a few years back. Yeah you'll be just north of me a little bit going through Jackson and past the tetons, those are pretty neat, from on top of the mountains by my house you can see the tetons if there isn't a lot of clouds.That sounds like a really neat trip! A lot of stuff to see and sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by The_Head
Yeah, sometimes. Down around Cheyenne I think.

I'll be making a trip down to Denver to pick up a scooter on my next days off. Hopefully my truck will be out of the shop by then.
I know a couple guys who live over by Cheyenne. Sometime this summer or fall once I get the truck done up a little bit I'll have to swing up there. Haven't seen WY in about 6 years now.

Quick Reply: whos traveling on road this summer?