1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What are these plugs under my dash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What are these plugs under my dash?

All three of these pluge come out of the main under-dash wiring harness between the brakelight switch and the ashtray. The first loos like is has typical radio speaker wire colors, but it does not fit the back of the factory radio.

This second, I think is the plug for the power window/door lock harness. I didn't think to check that while I was out in the shop.

The thir and fourth pics are of a gizmo with a white plastic bracked on it that is plugged onto the harness. In the third pic you can see two circles that are molded into the plastic. Sorry about the poor pictures. This bugger was camera shy. It is possible that it has some of the same color wires as the first picture, but I did not check that close.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
[QUOTE=Trooperthorn;2136514]All three of these pluge come out of the main under-dash wiring harness between the brakelight switch and the ashtray. The first loos like is has typical radio speaker wire colors, but it does not fit the back of the factory radio.[/COLOR]

That should be one of the connectors for the radio.

This second, I think is the plug for the power window/door lock harness. I didn't think to check that while I was out in the shop.

The thir and fourth pics are of a gizmo with a white plastic bracked on it that is plugged onto the harness. In the third pic you can see two circles that are molded into the plastic. Sorry about the poor pictures. This bugger was camera shy. It is possible that it has some of the same color wires as the first picture, but I did not check that close.

That is your Buzzer to remind you of the Key in the IGN, Lights On and I believe Seat Belt.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks. Boy howdy, what was with my spelling. Shouldn't post so late, I guess.