1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 12:43 PM

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Thanks for posting those T-man.

Watch out Mark, don't let your dog see those pictures or they will be wanting a "dog limo" too.

That was a fun ride on an old town road that is snow machine trail all winter. During the summer you can drive on it, but be prepared for wash outs, down trees, huge sections of road buried with water as beavers take over, ETC as it is not a road the town or state takes care of anymore. We finally got to a washed out 25 inch or so culvert and I turned around.
The following 3 users liked this post by oliver foster:
FrustratedFirst (05-21-2020), maybe368 (05-19-2020), nonrev (05-20-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 10:25 PM

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts
Finally put my deavers springs on the front. Those shackle frame bushings gave me hell but I didn't let them win. I'm tired. Old shocks were too short despite being rated for 4" lift. The ride with NO Shocks is better than with the old springs and hydraulic shocks. Getting some bilsteins tomorrow that deavers said are properly valved for the springs. Maybe the wife will stop getting carsick. Maybe... I didn't run a tape, but I definitely got a couple inches more leveled. Rear was high previously.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:05 AM

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
okay gonna be ordering replacement injectors from Hungry diesel, has anyone gotten from them before? Do I need to order the brass washers and seals separate or are they included with new injectors?
Old 05-28-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Shelby/Dakota
okay gonna be ordering replacement injectors from Hungry diesel, has anyone gotten from them before? Do I need to order the brass washers and seals separate or are they included with new injectors?

I have ordered several HVLP lift pumps kits, a couple of his fuel pins, a few 3200 springs, ETC from Eric over at THD. I have always been happy with the parts and service I have gotten.

I would expect the same ordering injectors from him.

As far as washers and other info. I would ask him, when placing the order.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaSteveCA
Finally put my deavers springs on the front. Those shackle frame bushings gave me hell but I didn't let them win. I'm tired. Old shocks were too short despite being rated for 4" lift. The ride with NO Shocks is better than with the old springs and hydraulic shocks. Getting some bilsteins tomorrow that deavers said are properly valved for the springs. Maybe the wife will stop getting carsick. Maybe... I didn't run a tape, but I definitely got a couple inches more leveled. Rear was high previously.
Those shackle bushing in the frame can be a pain.
How many leaves are in the Deaver spring pack?
Old 05-28-2020, 02:34 PM

10? I'm no leaf spring expert, I don't know if they all count as springs, but there's 10 pieces of metal stacked.
I had to grind the rivets out and remove the cup. There just wasn't enough room for a proper hammer swing and they werent moving. Maybe an oxy-acetalene torch and some skill. But getting them on the vice made short work of them.

I didn't want to pony up for the jungle kit...but I'm halfway there installation-wise for when I do.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:47 PM

Wow 10 springs! Looks like they make a nice spring. I always here good reviews on their springs.

Check out Archive Garage's parts. He also sells a rear front spring in frame shackle mount.
I have used some of his parts on my '91.0 before and thought they where well made.
The following users liked this post:
ScubaSteveCA (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
Wow 10 springs! Looks like they make a nice spring. I always here good reviews on their springs.

Check out Archive Garage's parts. He also sells a rear front spring in frame shackle mount.
I have used some of his parts on my '91.0 before and thought they where well made.
I'll check it out. I saw plans for a DOM tube and plate replacement to DIY, maybe when I get a plasma cutter or more frequent access to one. Yeah, I went with reputation and they are 15min from the house. Jeff over there really knows his stuff. $900 for just the fronts...included new longer shackles, u-bolts and a t-shirt
Old 05-29-2020, 11:07 AM

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
I have ordered several HVLP lift pumps kits, a couple of his fuel pins, a few 3200 springs, ETC from Eric over at THD. I have always been happy with the parts and service I have gotten.

I would expect the same ordering injectors from him.

As far as washers and other info. I would ask him, when placing the order.
Yeah I meant to ask when I called to figure out what injectors I need. Guess I'll just have to call him back and ask or just spend the 25 bucks on the kit.

Is there anything else that should be looked at while I have the injectors out? Doesn't appear to be much else in that area.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:33 AM

I threw a newer battery in the old plow truck that blew the battery on the last plow of the winter. It fired right up and I parked it where it can stay for the summer.
Then about an hour later it hailed on and off for 1/2 an hr. Maybe now it is June, the frozen stuff will stop falling from the sky for a couple of months.
The following users liked this post:
thrashingcows (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 08:34 AM

Received 366 Likes on 272 Posts
Maybe now it is June, the frozen stuff will stop falling from the sky for a couple of months.
Living in Texas where the weather is sometimes a brand new surprise from hour to hour, I have seen hail in the summer months, but not lately...I really wish I had a structure tall enough to park my Dodge under......Ben
Old 06-01-2020, 09:10 AM

The hail was pretty small about the size of 1/2 tic tac. My daughter and I just continued our "picnic" style lunch we where having around the small brush fire we where working on. I just looked at her and said "what the HAIL?" as I finished I my sandwich. I love a good pun.

Yeah I could see having a place to park the truck out of the sun wind and hail in TX would be nice.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:00 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
We have been having a few nights with frost over the last week or so.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:00 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
The hail was pretty small about the size of 1/2 tic tac. My daughter and I just continued our "picnic" style lunch we where having around the small brush fire we where working on. I just looked at her and said "what the HAIL?" as I finished I my sandwich. I love a good pun.

Yeah I could see having a place to park the truck out of the sun wind and hail in TX would be nice.

We used to call it hard water.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:49 PM

I rescued a fuel sender unit from the pick your part yard last week. Tested like crap at first. After a good cleaning and polishing of contacts it tested great with the multimeter. Anyone done this clean it and reinstall it routine? Am I in for problems again soon?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?