1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 05:40 AM
KRB

Received 523 Likes on 363 Posts
[QUOTE=nonrev;3348686]I installed some new gauges in my truck they are Isspro EV1 series egt, boost and fuel pressure. I used the Isspro fuel pressure isolator as well because I really didn't want fuel in the cab, routed everything in some split loom out the back down to the windshield and across to the pillar. I also installed hoods on the gauges to try to cut down on the glare but it really didn't help

I installed the green bulbs so they would match the dash and you know what with those bulbs it's almost as hard to read the gauges as it is the dash at night lol

QUOTE]

That the reproduction gauge that fellow is selling now on FB? Seems like I remember you getting one. It looks just like the Banks. I have 2 pod and wanted a 3, you happy with the quality/fit?
Old 05-28-2018, 05:46 AM
KRB

Originally Posted by 73CrewCab
Scaled the truck. Anyone scaled their crew cab short bed 4x4? I never did a pre-trip Weigh in to get a base line.... but the front axle seems about 1400 lbs lighter than what I think I’ve read others having. She’s a handful since the load isn’t distributed the best... nothing I can do to change it, except drive carefully.
A big white brick pulling a big white concrete block!

That many miles and that much weight with only one flat - I'd be feeling pretty lucky!

Is the truck loaded too? I assume so since it is weighing in at 4 tons?

That is mentally and physically exhausting to move that much that far on a deadline...
Old 05-28-2018, 07:05 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB
A big white brick pulling a big white concrete block!

That many miles and that much weight with only one flat - I'd be feeling pretty lucky!

That is mentally and physically exhausting to move that much that far on a deadline...
All I can say is don't get pulled over. Trailer being over 10,000 you will get busted if you don't have a cdl.....or do you? I'm asking 73crewcab , not krb
Old 05-28-2018, 08:41 AM

Received 343 Likes on 241 Posts
[QUOTE=KRB;3348819]
Originally Posted by nonrev
I installed some new gauges in my truck they are Isspro EV1 series egt, boost and fuel pressure. I used the Isspro fuel pressure isolator as well because I really didn't want fuel in the cab, routed everything in some split loom out the back down to the windshield and across to the pillar. I also installed hoods on the gauges to try to cut down on the glare but it really didn't help

I installed the green bulbs so they would match the dash and you know what with those bulbs it's almost as hard to read the gauges as it is the dash at night lol

QUOTE]

That the reproduction gauge that fellow is selling now on FB? Seems like I remember you getting one. It looks just like the Banks. I have 2 pod and wanted a 3, you happy with the quality/fit?

This one is a Glowshift pod, if you notice it tips down a little bit but I thought it would help with the glare from the rear window.... not all in all though not bad for the price
Old 05-28-2018, 08:58 AM
KRB

I did notice the tip, what was the application? Hard to avoid that glare no matter what...
Old 05-28-2018, 09:02 AM

I was in O'rilleys auto parts yesterday and found these, my headliner is sagging pretty bad and I figured for the price($3.99) I would give them a try they work, not real pretty but it's not hanging down any more.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by KRB
I did notice the tip, what was the application? Hard to avoid that glare no matter what...

It is for the first gen dodges, with a little time and the trusty dremmel tool I could get it to sit straight but I'm kinda used to it now lol
Old 05-28-2018, 03:16 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by nonrev
I was in O'rilleys auto parts yesterday and found these, my headliner is sagging pretty bad and I figured for the price($3.99) I would give them a try they work, not real pretty but it's not hanging down any more.

I had a vehicle many years ago that a previous owner had made the complete sagging headliner into a diamond tuck type style with push pins....looked pretty good really.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:34 PM

Received 262 Likes on 163 Posts
It's not that hard to replace the headliner. We have guys around here that will come to you and do it on the spot for about $60.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:05 PM

Received 214 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB

Nope, I had a large cooler, 35” spare for the truck, trailer spare, floor jack and 50 pounds worth of tools. I removed the passenger and rear seat, but only have about 100 pounds worth of boxes (if that) in the cab.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
All I can say is don't get pulled over. Trailer being over 10,000 you will get busted if you don't have a cdl.....or do you? I'm asking 73crewcab , not krb
NOW you tell me! I got flagged coming into Oklahoma and had to stop at the scales! Then I got the “park, bring papers into office” light. I told them I was private, and not commercial. He looked at my registration, and said “it says commercial on the registration....”. I told him “it’s my personal truck, and I’m just trying to move out of California”. He said “well, California does things weird anyway. Have a nice night and drive careful”. WHEW! I was sweating bullets! It was the only time I’ve ever had to stop at the scales/inspection station. Maybe next time, I won’t smile and give a thumbs up when I pass through the 2 cameras....seemed funny at the time though
The following users liked this post:
edwinsmith (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by 73CrewCab

NOW you tell me! I got flagged coming into Oklahoma and had to stop at the scales! Then I got the “park, bring papers into office” light. I told them I was private, and not commercial. He looked at my registration, and said “it says commercial on the registration....”. I told him “it’s my personal truck, and I’m just trying to move out of California”. He said “well, California does things weird anyway. Have a nice night and drive careful”. WHEW! I was sweating bullets! It was the only time I’ve ever had to stop at the scales/inspection station.
I was thinking the same way. As long as you're a private party and not for hire the weight cops will leave you alone. I've pulled a 35' 5th wheel across the country and never even stopped at scales. I know the trailer was loaded over 10,000#. IANAL

Edwin
Old 05-28-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Well here in BC where I live I know that any pick up truck no matter what is registered as a commercial vehicle, since it "could" be used for commercial purposes.

Glad the scale didn't give you any trouble.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:36 PM

Now the “fun” part begins... unloading.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:41 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
73CrewCab:

Where are you now? Are you in Arkansas?

Edwin

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?