1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:14 PM

Received 343 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu
What I was looking for in the caregivers reaction was “wow, that kinda cool. Look at that beautiful mountain background”, but instead, this is what they said-“ how did your friend get the deers (yes, deers) to sleep next to him? I thought deers was a scared of people?”
Ha Ha, I don't care who you are that's some funny stuff right there
It truly is amazing that there are people that have known only intercity life and have never gotten to experience nature, but at least they didn't go off about how wrong it is to humanly harvest the animal like some people do IMHO
Old 04-22-2018, 01:03 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
When she was walking alongside of me, discussing the cattle 101 lesson, I mentioned that my neighbor had bulls, also. When she asked me what that was, I asked her “you don’t know what a bull is?” And her reply was-“ is it that thing they tease with a red cape?”

I only have one more month of these caregivers, and then I’m done! Only reason I need them is because I can’t put on or remove my clamshell suit by myself.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:26 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Jim the oil in my old 89 motor used to turn black after only a few days as well, but my 93 motor in the crewcab now stays almost perfectly clear until the next oil change. I have been running my Rotella T6 now for almost 10K km's and the oil is starting to turn brown-ish.....but still pretty clean compared to what the old 89 motor used to look like.
non detergent oil stays clean!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:11 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by johnh
non detergent oil stays clean!
The oil stays clean because the carbon soot drops to the bottom of the pan and collects on the inside of the engine instead of staying in suspension. Before detergent oil, engines would fill up with gunk and choke themselves to death. Detergent allows the gunk to stay in suspension and drain out when the oil is changed.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:30 PM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
The oil stays clean because the carbon soot drops to the bottom of the pan and collects on the inside of the engine instead of staying in suspension. Before detergent oil, engines would fill up with gunk and choke themselves to death. Detergent allows the gunk to stay in suspension and drain out when the oil is changed.
I remember that well. Shell Rotella is the cleanest oil I have ever used.
The following users liked this post:
nonrev (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Sorry for all the silly posts today, but I am trying to use humor to get past the fact that I was walking down the street today and a dog jumped out and bit me in the belly. It hurt some, bled some and the dog ran off. I went home and got my truck and searched for it. I did find it tied up in a back yard and the owner is trying to find the proof of vaccination. I spent an hour in the clinic and they told me to do what I already did, clean it with soap and water and try to find the dog. Just one of those days. These things shouldn't happen in the USA, but this is Mexico after all ..Mark
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 AM

Received 214 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
Sorry for all the silly posts today, but I am trying to use humor to get past the fact that I was walking down the street today and a dog jumped out and bit me in the belly. It hurt some, bled some and the dog ran off. I went home and got my truck and searched for it. I did find it tied up in a back yard and the owner is trying to find the proof of vaccination. I spent an hour in the clinic and they told me to do what I already did, clean it with soap and water and try to find the dog. Just one of those days. These things shouldn't happen in the USA, but this is Mexico after all ..Mark
Aye Chihuahua! You shouldn’t let your belly hang out, when there are hungry dogs in the neighborhood! All kidding aside, are you ok?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 73CrewCab

Aye Chihuahua! You shouldn’t let your belly hang out, when there are hungry dogs in the neighborhood! All kidding aside, are you ok?
Yeah,it is just painful.The good thing is that they came through here a couple of months ago and they vaccinated all the dogs they could find, including this one. The funny thing is that we asked some kids if they knew the dog after I described it to them and they all said, That's Shakespeare, and led us to him.Earned them a cool 50 pesos ...Mark
The following 2 users liked this post by maybe368:
NJTman (04-23-2018), thrashingcows (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Glad your OK Mark....getting bit or attacked by a big dog is scary stuff.

I had to fight off a big male German Shepard years ago, he was a security dog and had got free from his area, the owner was chasing him around the industrial area my work was in. He came into the yard which had gates, so I ran to close them...well when that last gate was just a 2-3 feet from closing it realized it's plight so it turned on me. Thank goodness I grew up with big Rottweilers and used to play fight...pretty serious some times. I was punching that dog in the head to knock him down every time he would leap and lunge for my arms, chest and neck. He did get one good bite in but I was wearing a heavy jacket, and shirts but even through all that he still tore some flesh on my upper arm.

Having said all that glad you found the dog and have peace of mind knowing it got vaccinated.
maybe368 (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Thanks Man. The weird thing is that it was wagging it's tail and seemed like all the other dogs around here. We were both forced off the sidewalk, there was a lot of traffic so we were kind of in a narrow lane. If it had been more threatening, I would have kicked it or something. It was so sudden and then he ran off. I once had an intruder in my house (real long story) and it ended real quick with a police Shepard hanging from his belly. It was so quick and when the officer called him off, he turned back into a regular dog. Pretty amazing really. I am taking today off from everything and am binge watching Netflix, tomorrow it's back to.....well the nothing that I was doing before ...Mark
thrashingcows (04-24-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks Man. The weird thing is that it was wagging it's tail and seemed like all the other dogs around here. We were both forced off the sidewalk, there was a lot of traffic so we were kind of in a narrow lane. If it had been more threatening, I would have kicked it or something. It was so sudden and then he ran off. I once had an intruder in my house (real long story) and it ended real quick with a police Shepard hanging from his belly. It was so quick and when the officer called him off, he turned back into a regular dog. Pretty amazing really. I am taking today off from everything and am binge watching Netflix, tomorrow it's back to.....well the nothing that I was doing before ...Mark
It wouldn’t have helped in this particular instance it sounds like, but they make a pepper spray with a dye in it for us runners. Makes it kind of hard for someone to say that their dog wasn’t the one that bit you when it has green or other color all over at least it’s face.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1stGEN'93

It wouldn’t have helped in this particular instance it sounds like, but they make a pepper spray with a dye in it for us runners. Makes it kind of hard for someone to say that their dog wasn’t the one that bit you when it has green or other color all over at least it’s face.
Speaking of us runners, I was going to do my 6 miles today, on the beach, buit the pain of the bite bothered me just enough to not go.I hope to make it up tomorrow. I am nearly 63 and have been running seriously since 1985 and not so seriously prior to that. I am slower than before, but I go come whatever, except when I have a fresh belly bite ...Mark
Old 04-23-2018, 05:14 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Speaking of us runners, I was going to do my 6 miles today, on the beach, buit the pain of the bite bothered me just enough to not go.I hope to make it up tomorrow. I am nearly 63 and have been running seriously since 1985 and not so seriously prior to that. I am slower than before, but I go come whatever, except when I have a fresh belly bite ...Mark
“It’s just a flesh wound!!- Monte Python
The following 2 users liked this post by bigragu:
edwinsmith (04-23-2018), maybe368 (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Administrator

You gotta love British humor. I always liked "I fart in your general direction". How are you feeling? I have rehabed so many body parts, I can't even remember which ones. Of course, nothing like yours, even all added together. Hang in there Augie..Mark
bigragu (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 214 Likes on 117 Posts
Hauled 3 loads of junk to the dumpster at my work. Getting rid of as much as possible, so I’ll have less to move in a couple of weeks when I head East, with my life packed in boxes.
Blue Goose (04-24-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?