1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 02:32 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 04-14-2018, 02:39 PM

This is pretty slick! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8MI6zcjtlg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-_1gd1RtE
The following 2 users liked this post by 1stGEN'93:
mknittle (04-15-2018), nonrev (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 03:54 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
Thanks for the quote or the last edit would not have had meaning.You are pretty new around here, so let me explain something. We are a lot like the Bundy's of Married With Children, I am Peggy, T-man is Al and I haven't figured out who Kelly is, but I want to know . We are a tad dysfunctional, but are all happy in the end...Mark P.S. Bud is irrelevant, just like in the show...
Kelly here:

It's easy to get riled up when you have just come in from a day of frustrating work on an old truck and get on the forum for advise and get some snark in return. Please don't. IMHO any free advise is worth usually more but not less than nothing.

As for the K&N it makes sense that they don't filter as well as dry paper elements because they are designed to flow more. However like the oil foam elements on a lawn mower they get the big chunks which is what's important. I ran one on my VW Jetta TDI since day one. In fact I had one stolen by a dealer mechanic during an oil change. I've wanted one for the truck for a long time but I couldn't get past the over $100 cost. BTW I have the cleaning kit left over from the VW days.

Darn! I broke a nail!

Kelly
The following users liked this post:
maybe368 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 09:19 PM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stGEN'93
I PM'd you. Again, I was not and am not trying to sell it. I guess next time I see something cool for these trucks on Instagram I won't even mention it being something that the person on Instagram (not me) is trying to sell. Seems like people have posted pictures of things they thought were cool on these trucks off of Instagram anyway.
Like Mark said I don't see a picture either.
maybe368 (04-15-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
Like Mark said I don't see a picture either.
I believe Mark said that post would be deleted, because I was saying stuff against the forum rules. I admire that I was getting a little on the advertising side on my wording. That wasn’t what I was trying to do though, so I would just assume it be deleted. I still think it is pretty cool. Copy and paste the YouTube link and you’ll see what it is. You guys on this thread will definitely like it!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:29 AM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts

I believe Mark said that post would be deleted, because I was saying stuff against the forum rules. I admire that I was getting a little on the advertising side on my wording. That wasn’t what I was trying to do though, so I would just assume it be deleted. I still think it is pretty cool. Copy and paste the YouTube link and you’ll see what it is. You guys on this thread will definitely like it!
The youtube video that you posted above shows the item, it is cool. I didn't delete your post because you edited it and it is fine now..I don't know what happened to your foto. I could not see it in the post, but when I quoted your post, the link showed up in the quote, but did not work....Mark
mknittle (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it in respect to a violation. There is no advertising just a video of a nice truck.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by maybe368
The youtube viseo that you posted above shows the item, it is cool. I didn't delete your post because you edited it and it is fine now..I don't know what happened to your foto. I could not see it in the post, but when I quoted your post, the link showed up in the quote, but did not work....Mark
I am not sure what the deal with the picture is. I can see it just fine. I uploaded it by clicking on the picture icon next to the attachment icon that is there when you type a post.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:14 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it in respect to a violation. There is no advertising just a video of a nice truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-_1gd1RtE&app=desktop
It wasn’t the video that was the issue, but my wording in a previous post that I edited.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1stGEN'93:
maybe368 (04-15-2018), mknittle (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator

I am not sure what the deal with the picture is. I can see it just fine. I uploaded it by clicking on the picture icon next to the attachment icon that is there when you type a post.
To post a picture on dtr's server, you need to have the pic on your device first. Right click on the pic (hey that rhymes), and save it on your device, resize it to 1024 X 768. Then click on "manage attachments", choose the pic, then upload. wait for it to finish uploading, close the window and then either preview it or post it...Mark
Old 04-15-2018, 09:47 AM

Received 262 Likes on 163 Posts
Got my hydroboost mounting plate today. They originally sent me the wrong one but I messaged them and they sent the correct one out that day, told me to just keep the other.

So this is the plate with locating tab at an acute angle for the Dodge booster and master cylinder assembly. The mounting holes are 4" center to center both ways so they will need to be elongated a little but no big deal there.

Has anybody here resealed their hydrobooster? I see there are a couple special tools that are rather expensive for what would probably be a one time use. Just wondering if anyone was able to work around that.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Gen 1 today?-mounting-plates.jpg  
Old 04-15-2018, 10:09 AM
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-_1gd1RtE&app=desktop
It wasn't that, it was the posting of it to see how much we are willing to pay, that is all that was removed. If a guy has a product set a price, asking what we are willing to pay is a lot like an auction, isn't it?...Mark
Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 AM

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts
I made it earn it's keep yesterday!

This box truck is 2 feet longer than my others so I pulled it further forward on the trailer than I usually do, so I was worried about too much tongue weight. But the truck handled fine, and it all appears to be pretty well balanced.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:19 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Johnny
Got my hydroboost mounting plate today. They originally sent me the wrong one but I messaged them and they sent the correct one out that day, told me to just keep the other.

So this is the plate with locating tab at an acute angle for the Dodge booster and master cylinder assembly. The mounting holes are 4" center to center both ways so they will need to be elongated a little but no big deal there.

Has anybody here resealed their hydrobooster? I see there are a couple special tools that are rather expensive for what would probably be a one time use. Just wondering if anyone was able to work around that.
I wrote up a thread when I did mine....Mark (Mknittle) has his own thread as well I believe....or maybe it's in his regular build thread. Mark even built a cheap and easy tool (which I copied. ) to pop the push rod out without damage to the main shaft.

My HB thread....

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...thread-323472/
Old 04-15-2018, 03:35 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Over the last week or so:
- Removed DVs and pulled pieces of FSS rubber from five of them.
- Replaced FSS plunger with one of the brass-tipped ones.
- Turned the fuel back up.

Still working on it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?