1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
She gets out of the shower and starts complaining..... She got sunburned on the right side of her shoulder, arm and her right leg. I guess it was hot enough and sunny enough for her to get the "passenger side" tan that she always wanted....

ROTFLMAO !!!!!
Sunburn in September? .... You gotta get that gal outa the house more often.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:00 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Today, I drove about 230 miles round trip into PA and back to a supplier of mine. Wife decided to tag along, but she eventually wished she hadn't ...

Can anyone say "your truck rides too ....... rough" .... "I can't stand it !" ??

lol....

oh well..... you wanted to come along....

EDIT:

She gets out of the shower and starts complaining..... She got sunburned on the right side of her shoulder, arm and her right leg. I guess it was hot enough and sunny enough for her to get the "passenger side" tan that she always wanted....

ROTFLMAO !!!!!
Good thing about this whole endeavor...is you get to go alone next time...
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
That sucks about getting into an accident. Almost the same thing happened to me a few months back. Car in front of me started to take off making a right turn on red. I was looking left to make sure I could get out into traffic and hit the gas. I looked ahead just in time to see bozo in front of me had slammed on his brakes for no apparent reason as I rear ended him. No one was hurt. Front of my Cherokee got a little banged up. meh...
As for the truck: I got my twin stick stuff back from the powder coating guy and installed it along with my super fancy billet shift *****. Everything works as it should and looks pretty decent too.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
DUI
Now that I got your attention.

Last night as I was going to a job with my daughter beside me in my truck, as I got off the freeway and turned right into a DUI/ Drivers License checkpoint in one of our local cities so I quickly threw out all of the cans... Just kidding and had my daughter pull out my license as I slowed and pulled up to the front of the line, I could see the policeman checking me out as he was pointing at my truck and motioning to the other policeman in the other lane.

As I rolled to the stop he walks over to my window with a big grin on his face and said "That is sure one beautiful Dodge Ram you've got there", what year is it? said its a 1991, geez Ive never seem another one like this. I said to him thanks I take a lot of pride in my truck so after we talked for about a minuet I ask oh did you want to see my license?

Heck no I can tell you don't drink just by looking at you.

Then I let him know about the group of illegals at the freeway offramp trying to flag down drivers and warn them about the checkpoint and he said the drunks are so stupid they won't see them and try to turn around after they are in the checkpoint.

So I went on to my job, about 30, minuets later I was coming back past as I was going home and he must have heard my truck because he turned around and gave me the thumbs up as I went by.

I thought this was pretty cool, but quite honestly this is a common occurance they always wave me by or not ask for my license,

I must be the good guy sticker on the back of my truck.

Jim
Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
DUI

Last night as I was going to a job with my daughter beside me in my truck, as I got off the freeway and turned right into a DUI/ Drivers License checkpoint in one of our local cities so I quickly threw out all of the cans... Just kidding and had my daughter pull out my license as I slowed and pulled up to the front of the line, I could see the policeman checking me out as he was pointing at my truck and motioning to the other policeman in the other lane.

As I rolled to the stop he walks over to my window with a big grin on his face and said "That is sure one beautiful Dodge Ram you've got there", what year is it? said its a 1991, geez Ive never seem another one like this. I said to him thanks I take a lot of pride in my truck so after we talked for about a minuet I ask oh did you want to see my license?

Then I let him know about the group of illegals at the freeway offramp trying to flag down drivers and warn them about the checkpoint and he said the drunks are so stupid they won't see them and try to turn around after they are in the checkpoint.

So I went on to my job, about 30, minuets later I was coming back past as I was going home and he must have heard my truck because he turned around and gave me the thumbs up as I went by.

I thought this was pretty cool, but quite honestly this is a common occurance they always wave me by or not ask for my license,

Jim
We used to have a city(small town) officer here that would pull me over when I was on motorcycles, just to talk about motorcycles.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by MrFusion
That sucks about getting into an accident. Almost the same thing happened to me a few months back. Car in front of me started to take off making a right turn on red. I was looking left to make sure I could get out into traffic and hit the gas. I looked ahead just in time to see bozo in front of me had slammed on his brakes for no apparent reason as I rear ended him. No one was hurt. Front of my Cherokee got a little banged up. meh...
You oughta see how they drive around here. One time I was on my way home on the freeway in a Peterbilt dump truck. When I rolled(air actuated)the passenger window down I heared a noise. It first I thought it was a tire. when something caught my eye in the small window in the bottom of the passenger door. there was a guy in a little car running beside me on the shoulder giving me the finger through the window. apparently he refused to yield to through traffic about a mile back.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by MrFusion
As for the truck: I got my twin stick stuff back from the powder coating guy and installed it along with my super fancy billet shift *****. Everything works as it should and looks pretty decent too.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 AM

I agree with Mark...without pictures...it didn't really happen.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
DUI

Jim
Very cool story Jim, Thanks for sharing it with us.

I kind of have the same thing happen to me in the crewcab frequently. But it happens when i cross the border into the US from Canada. There are a number of US guards who love my truck. They will just stop and chat with me about my truck, and sometimes don't even ask what my purpose if crossing is.

Heck yesterday the garbage truck driver stopped his route so he could come over and chat with me about my truck. He'd obviously seen it, but had not seen me around at the same time.

It's a nice feeling.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:00 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
You oughta see how they drive around here. One time I was on my way home on the freeway in a Peterbilt dump truck. When I rolled(air actuated)the passenger window down I heared a noise. It first I thought it was a tire. when something caught my eye in the small window in the bottom of the passenger door. there was a guy in a little car running beside me on the shoulder giving me the finger through the window. apparently he refused to yield to through traffic about a mile back.
I was taking a freeway exit with a 1950 Chevy dump truck, no hood, fenders flapping, hauling a load of scrap iron. I caught site of a VW bug on the right side flashing his lights. I assume he was beeping the horn also, but couldn't hear it above the exhaust and rattling noises. Next sight I caught in the right mirror was barricade barrels flying as he plowed into them.

No, I didn't stop.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
I was taking a freeway exit with a 1950 Chevy dump truck, no hood, fenders flapping, hauling a load of scrap iron. I caught site of a VW bug on the right side flashing his lights. I assume he was beeping the horn also, but couldn't hear it above the exhaust and rattling noises. Next sight I caught in the right mirror was barricade barrels flying as he plowed into them.

No, I didn't stop.
I wouldn't have either
Old 09-20-2014, 09:46 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Where to start with what I did today.. Guess the easy stuff.. Ordered new injectors. Then I tore in to the old girl. Replaced the radiator and hoses, Tstat, put in the 6.7 water pump, replaced the belt tensioner, put new boots on the intercooler tubes, and wired in a new trailer brake control.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly66
Where to start with what I did today.. Guess the easy stuff.. Ordered new injectors. Then I tore in to the old girl. Replaced the radiator and hoses, Tstat, put in the 6.7 water pump, replaced the belt tensioner, put new boots on the intercooler tubes, and wired in a new trailer brake control.

Sounds like a busy day!

I adjusted my valves, new valve cover gaskets and O-rings, New serpentine belt, cleaned and tighten up my positive battery cable at the battery, and gave the Ol' Patches a bath.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Sounds like a busy day!

I adjusted my valves, new valve cover gaskets and O-rings, New serpentine belt, cleaned and tighten up my positive battery cable at the battery, and gave the Ol' Patches a bath.
Yes it was, the rad gave out on me the other day as did one of the injectors, figured while I was was in it would be a good time to go thru my pile of parts..

I should adjust my valves, but I keep thinking that I just as well put in the 60# springs before I adjust them. Only thing is I don't yet have the springs in my pile of parts.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly66
Yes it was, the rad gave out on me the other day as did one of the injectors, figured while I was was in it would be a good time to go thru my pile of parts..

I should adjust my valves, but I keep thinking that I just as well put in the 60# springs before I adjust them. Only thing is I don't yet have the springs in my pile of parts.
Really the valve adjustment is quite easy. Seems a bit daunting...but once you get in there it really only takes a 30 minutes or so to do the actual adjustments. Takes longer to open and close things up, and rotate the motor.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?