1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Water in the Passenger Floorboard - Condensation

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water in the Passenger Floorboard - Condensation

My AC has not been cooling very well. After thumbing through all of the "how to" articles, I decided to check the Evap. under the glovebox for debris using the "cut a hole in the box instead of removing the whole freakin dash..." method. Not owning the truck very long and the AC not seeming to cool very well, I wanted to check all of the obvious things 1st. As expected, there was tons of junk in there, but I also noticed alot of moisture, as all of the dirt, leaves, etc were all damp. One of the 1st things I check when I got the truck a few months back was the drain plug, and it was not stopped up, so this suprised me. I cleaned everything out, used some aluminum coil cleaning solution I had, sprayed out with a water hose, and everything drained out through the drain hole very well. My wife was riding with me the other day, and noticed drops of water falling into the floorboard. Since I have carpet and the floormats are small, it was absorbing in the carpet and not landing on the mat so I could see it. I looked and the bottom of the box was covered in condensation. My question is what would cause this to happen? I really think this has been happening before I got the truck, and I just found out. Sorry for the rambling post, and thanks for any responses/help. - Jeff
Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
High humidity.