1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have run -30*(you will probably never have problems with that freezing) in mine before, but I normally run 50/50 with h20 and methanol.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:09 PM

Hey Dave-on the subject-I have 2 of the coolingmist-nozzles rated at 4.9gph-and the pump turned way up and still can't seem to get enough feed-I measured the nozzle hole and they measure .022-drill orifice size-what are the orifice sizes for your nozzles? I'm thinking of drilling out to .025 and up to get more juice! Only used about 5 gallons total on the hill climbs towing small tow behind bed trailer-Dodge of course and camper to Wyoming and back to Arizona-seems to almost keep the EGT's under control-but would like a little more-I'm also going to upgrade the guts of the H1C to the HTT Stage III!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by dzpoorjr
Hey Dave-on the subject-I have 2 of the coolingmist-nozzles rated at 4.9gph-and the pump turned way up and still can't seem to get enough feed-I measured the nozzle hole and they measure .022-drill orifice size-what are the orifice sizes for your nozzles? I'm thinking of drilling out to .025 and up to get more juice! Only used about 5 gallons total on the hill climbs towing small tow behind bed trailer-Dodge of course and camper to Wyoming and back to Arizona-seems to almost keep the EGT's under control-but would like a little more-I'm also going to upgrade the guts of the H1C to the HTT Stage III!
Coolingmist rates the flow of their nozzles at 100psi, while Snow Performance rates their nozzle flow at 140psi so therefore it is not a direct comparison unless this is taken into account in some sort of formula that I dont feel like doing right now. But besides that, my brother and I (and Dave) are both running a pair of snows 625ml nozzles which are equivalent to 9.9gph each, we both have are pumps set to max pressure and it is not too much w/m for the motor, although for towing conditions you will probably need to turn down the pump pressure. So yes I would go ahead and drill the nozzles out bigger and give it a try, if its too much you can always turn the pump pressure down to compensate.