1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

want to say thanks to the Marysville crew!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
want to say thanks to the Marysville crew!

for hosting a dyno put on by jefferson state diesel. Rebal and Stacksx2 did a great job with the organization, and their wives did awsome with the barb-b-que. I'm sure Stacks will be on here to let you all know about his awsome dyno run. My run, well, let's put it this way...I have some work and $$$ cut out for me to get where I would like it to be w/ the HP #'s. It was my 1st time, and having never dyno'd before, it was not only a good learning experience, but a whole lot of fun, too. Great crowd, those marysville boys. Nice rigs, too. can't believe that dude(3rd gen) layed down 1100 hp so easily, till he blew a boot off. Thanks again, guys, for the invite and good time. Notenufgarage, good to meet you, too!!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Augie, WE were really Glad you made it. Boy I am gonna have to listen to John now talk about how he spanked me BAD! but none the less impressive # for the mods he has on his 1st gen!

And We want to thank EVERYONE For Coming and making it a good family event And Jefferson state Diesel for there help. great guys !
And to Everyone who donated to help pay for food. Your all a bunch of stand up guys...LADIES TOO!

Robert
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woo hoo 407hp/ 880tq that was fun!!! cant wait till next year!
Thanks guys I loved it
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for putting on the event guys! Pretty amazing turn out, I haven't seen that many diesel heads at most of the dyno days at diesel shops!
I made a bunch of amateur videos of most of the dyno runs. Shoot me a PM with your email if anyone wants a copy of your truck running on the rollers.
The downside to all of this is now I want twins again! You are an expensive bunch to hang with...

Galen Porter
grporter@pacbell.net
Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Back at ya, Augie... We'll have to get a group together at PapeCats when he's ready to put the new bed on his crew, or something like that.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM

I wish I could of gotten my rig up in time. Hope it goes down next year
Old 11-10-2009, 12:45 AM

thanks for an awesome day guys and gals! that was a great turn out and one of the best examples of how great the diesel community is! I have pics of both of your trucks running the dyno {STACKx2, and Rebal} I sent them to my pops {Beast2B} I think he has your info so he should send them over! How awesome was it that the only that broke was the intercooler boot that was thrown from the 1187 hp truck {the torque reading was maxed out on the run before that too at 1800lbs!!} other than that no one really had any issues that I heard about! the range of trucks was great too, dodge, ford, chevy, and even multiple transplants!!!!! thanks again everyone who made it possible!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 AM

As bummed out as I was(only slight) about your truck makin' 150+ more HP than my rig, and your dad saying it's 'cause you have a manual tranny, John, it didn't hit me till halfway home(I'm like a dinosaur, you hit me in the tail w/ a mallet and an hour later I'll feel the pain) that your runnin' TWINS! Most of the 1st genners were! My goal, then, once I get my truck body work done and repainted, is to build/purchase a nice set of twins, and hopefully kick you off the throne, John!! But that won't be till another 5 or so years ($$$). For now, I can only dream. You should've had your wife dyno her rig!
On another note, it sure was cool meeting the diesel power champ Chris Werner. What a nice, humble guy he was. Very friendly and helpful w/ helpin' me on my 1st dyno run. Wish I could've seen his 1400+ HP rig.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM

I think everyone's goal after that day is twins!!!!! Did anybody else wish they could see Ron up there too or what!!!! I overheard Ron and Chris Werner talking, it felt like listening to magic... to be around that kind of knowledge and passion is a hard experience to beat!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin96_12v
I think everyone's goal after that day is twins!!!!! Did anybody else wish they could see Ron up there too or what!!!! I overheard Ron and Chris Werner talking, it felt like listening to magic... to be around that kind of knowledge and passion is a hard experience to beat!!!
Smokin, which person were you? Did we meet? Did you get to scarf on any of that venison I brought?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 PM

I was the one who came up to you and told you you had the best looking truck there! I heard nothing about any venison I was too deep in pictures and filming, but next time I hope!!!!! I am working on getting a mix tape of the days events up on youtube, will inform!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin96_12v
I was the one who came up to you and told you you had the best looking truck there! I heard nothing about any venison I was too deep in pictures and filming, but next time I hope!!!!! I am working on getting a mix tape of the days events up on youtube, will inform!!!
As I got a lot of compliments on my truck from the handful of 1st Genners out there, your graceful comment stuck out the most. Yes, I remember you, and thanks. You are much too kind; I say that because you probably did not see that folded up sheet metal on the drivers side rear wheel well that was the result of the tire that the tread peeled off while going 65mph on the freeway about 4 years ago. I am in the process of savin' up to get a new bed and have the truck painted the same color scheme, but maybe more of a mettalic color. I'd like to add one of those fiberglass hoods w/ the reverse hood scoop at that time, also. Hopefully by next dyno, economy/funds permitting. Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:34 PM

Venison? I can't believe I missed that! I RARELY miss the good food...

...or any food
Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM

I did not see that but none the less I stick to my words. it is hard to find a first gen that clean!!! I hope to have my truck up and rolling the drums on the next one!!! it is still leaking about 1 qt every 100 miles from the front and the middle and the rear so it looks like we might be leaning towards a swap out of the other 96 that was totaled in august... might be able to use that as an excuse to bump things up a little bit!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 PM

...bump it up a little?
You got a fairy God-banker in your pocket?

Quick Reply: want to say thanks to the Marysville crew!