1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

ugly or tough?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ugly or tough?

ok guys i will try to get pictures before i leave tomorrow but here is what i saw. it's a standard cab short bed ram1500. bumper to bump the whole truck was covered with Rhino Lining. i thought it looked tough and i have considered this for my second truck. Dave (wannadiesel) shined a flashlight on it and said it was ugly, lol. my reasoning is that the 4x4 will be used to business. it needs a paint job BADLY and i don't want to be afraid to use it as a work truck. if i can get it for the right price (i used to work at a rhino shop and know the owner) would it be worth it? there is a rhino product that would give the truck a little more of a "paint like" finish. tell me what you think. (oh yea, the truck i saw had a drop in liner what's what about?)
Old 12-25-2005, 10:25 PM

i think it would be tough as nails but look worse than a 99 year old lady gettin out of the shower. THat is just what i think. If look are not taht important, spray paint is cheap and easy to paint chips and scrapes.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
When a guy with black stacks says it's ugly, you know it's really ugly!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ihpower
tough as nails but look worse than a 99 year old lady gettin out of the shower.
There's another mental picture I don't need! But I'll probably use that line somewhere!

chaikwa.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
When a guy with black stacks says it's ugly, you know it's really ugly!
hey i happen to like my black stacks, everyone and there brother has chrome i like to be diffrent.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

I always thought it would be neat to drive your brand new truck off the dealer lot and straight to the Rhino shop to have all underside and backside of the body panels done, but man what a project that would be. I aint so sure of the outside body though. Almost makes me wonder if it was one of the do it yourself kit's you get at the farm stores, can't imagine what it would cost to have it done. Only thing I know for sure is it's gotta be one of those crazy duck hunters you saw. If your one of them just admitt it, you all are nutz. Who else would buy a brand new truck and paint it Camo, we won't even mention making the choice to go out on the coldest, rainiest, most miserable days and sit on the water. What a bunch of boneheads.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:08 AM

Depends on how its done. Pick up the latest issue of Petersens 4 wheel and off road. they painted an old Dodge out int he street with stuff called Durabak. Looked pretty good other than i didnt like the baby blue color.

Eric
Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 PM

ok here's the pics.... they lost a little quality so i could load them in less than 20 min with dial up...lol

oh and that is rain on the window not rhino
Old 12-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Banned

Hah,

I've got a hunting buddy that has an old Toyota Tacoma that is covered in Rhino. He is a tattoo artist and took the work as trade for some ink work he did. I don't think it is anything to look at, but I'm sure it is very functional up here in NE Ohio.

As for the one pictured above..... how about a picture in the daylight? It doesn't look too bad, but during the day could change my opinion.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:13 PM

lol, well i waited too long. i took the picture this morning in PA and now i am in TN. it did look better in the sun though.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ihpower
i think it would be tough as nails but look worse than a 99 year old lady gettin out of the shower. THat is just what i think. If look are not taht important, spray paint is cheap and easy to paint chips and scrapes.
Oh <edit>, that put one nasty image in my head.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:34 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like it drove through a loong stretch of hot asphalt and tar...........
Old 12-27-2005, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Micaiahfied
ok here's the pics.... they lost a little quality so i could load them in less than 20 min with dial up...lol

oh and that is rain on the window not rhino
Its not that bad. It would be a great long lasting plow truck up north. Even if some of the metal rusts away behind the fender wells it will never show, and its got to make it alot quieter inside. Kinda like sticking DynoMat all over the outside.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:46 AM

Well I guess you wouldn't have to worry about waxing it. Or scratching it. Maybe good for a farm, but fugley IMO.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:09 AM

I like it! but then again I'm going against the grain and putting my moonvisor on anyway. I say do what you want.

Michael

Quick Reply: ugly or tough?