1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

>>> Turbo Clocking ??? <<<

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainChrysler
For the oil drain you might look for some natural gas/ propane parts. That stainless steel corrugated tubing works nice. I have heard that you can get a tube assembly for a grill with 2 bolt flange that can be modifed to fit the bottom of the turbo.

>>>> You will most likely need a longer oil feed line. <<<<

Thanks for mentioning the propane heater parts.

It reminded me that I had about a foot-long flexible line that came with a propane heater that I installed many years ago.

I knew just right where that line was laying in a drawer.

In my excitement, I went out there and yanked open that drawer, much to the dismay of a large family of mice who had set up housekeeping right on top of that gas line.

They had a really soft-looking bed made of several of my blue shop-towels all shredded to bits, plus many feathers, fuzzed up grass strings, and other what-not.

My plan is to use that piece of flexible line to extend the oil feed line.

I currently have a six-inch pipe-nipple screwed into the oil-filter bracket that allows the oil-line to reach, but I don't like the idea that an errant wrench might knock it askew and possibly crack the filter mount.

The flex would absorb any shocks and also be easier to manipulate out of the way of things.

Thanks for all the HOLSET info.