1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Timming and DDP3's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great numbers!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Pod Boy (on hiatus)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are some nice numbers and it was a lot of fun. Got to meet Justin and see Ben again. I was just looking at the dyno sheets Justin, and I think he has a correction factor put into it. I was gunna verify this with my dynojet software but apparently Scott sent the run files to the wrong e-mail so I don't have them yet. I'll call him on Monday and see. He usually uses SAE correction which is not a lot, but some. Without our new numbers, I just manually punched in the weather conditions from yesterday and applied them to my graph from a year ago and it said 4%. Soon as I get the graphs I'll email the picture file to you with whatever correction you want. Tons of fun, we have to do it again soon.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Well then don't I look like the fool. When I asked he shook his head no, but he must of not heard me and was responding to someone else? What ever the results I'm more than happy that nothing broke..LOL I see what you are talking about with the "CF: SAE Smoothing: 5" (what ever that means?) At the top of the sheet.
Pinks all out, we gotta meet up for that! Put Aarons 3rd gen out there and win some money...LOL
I'll help with the pit crew. Duct tape and water bottles...right?

I put some pics of the dyno in my gallery. The pic of 1stgenAarons truck running didn't turn out well so I just put one in with it sitting there looking real PURDY...very very nice truck. And the Scout in there has a 4 cyl cummins in it, really cool!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Pod Boy (on hiatus)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup! duct tape to hold a cut open water bottle under the road draft tube and hit the track! Thanks for the comments on the truck! When Scott says "uncorrected" I think he means at the tires, as in not corrected for drivetrain loss. They can correct it to give you a roundabout number at the flywheel. If you look down at the bottom where it tells you the peak power it should give you weather conditions and then say "sae 1.04" maybe "1.05. Whatever that is is the correction factor. It was 1.04 on all 3 of my runs. The smoothing is just the computer making the lines on the graph prettier sometimes they can be a bit jumpy on some trucks. Aarons old truck was shaking all over the roller and fighting axle wrap last time and his whole run was a bouncy line. This just makes it more aesthetically pleasing.