1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

throwout bearing question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throwout bearing question

ok im still getting used to not getting the right stuff from the parts places...but i have a new th/o bearing and its wider and wont accept the snap ring on the holder.. is this something that has superseded the old and if not anyone have the p/n that i need as most places on bearings and seals have the wrong parts for my application...thanks hopefully after this is solved tranny will go back in this week..cant wait
Old 09-26-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That is why when I order tranny parts I either order from Zbag or SB and always get the right part for a good price.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:41 PM

My local NAPA tried to sell me a $200 throw out bearing!!!! I just ordered it from Rock Auto, right part, great price fast shipping.

Also places like Drive Train Industries, or any heavy truck place can just press a new bearing part on in place of the old one, way cheaper route to go.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:23 PM

well i got on rockauto last night and since i didnt have any p/n that you guys have used i looked at what they had..they list 3 diff numbers and the national that they list is the one that i have that wont work..the other national/timken(diffname same specs) is wrong on the od and id altogether so i dont know how you guys are getting the right thing with them listing the ones they have....so still looking for a p/n if anyone has one..thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM

South Bend Clutch carries a real nice throwout bearing. Much better than what my local NAPA carries.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:06 PM

ok one mystery solved and another opened...i found out why you guys were getting what you needed ..you were ordering the bearing assy which is the bearing along with the cast piece that its mounted to that clips on the clutch fork..this would be a national or timken p/n 614070 or sks n4070...the bearing on that assy is cut back to allow for the snap ring to hold it to the cast piece...now then if you order just the bearing from rockauto or your local parts store they will send you national p/n 2065..which is what i have and it WILL NOT work on the cast piece that fits our trucks as its not relieved to allow for the snap ring..the assy that i looked at tonight came out of a clutch replacement pack and is the same one you can order seperate... the bearing has no numbers on it to identify the bearing number or who made it..so long story short until i have time to track all that down the whole assy is what we have to make due with unless someone else chimes in..have a good one guys hope this helps