1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Thinking of selling

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOOO DONT DO IT!!!

GIVE it away, give it to me, i'll even come to u and pick it up!

If you like to tinker, you will love your truck to death. I still think about my 93 every day and miss it soooo much its almost un-natural to love a non living thing this much!!! I saw a 93 W350 xcab ect ect ect today thats been right under my nose for a year, and was drooling all over the thing. Granted it was recently painted a nice fresh black with a really nice dump bed.... but the thought of just how rugged and long lasting it is. I made sure the guy had my number so when he gets ready to sell it next year.............................................
Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 PM

Hey Micaiahfied , I definately want to do some more mods to the pump and other things but dont want to go it alone and the help would be great , you are only about 200 miles from me I am just south of Chatt. Tn , , When I am more sure of the truck since I just rec. bought it I will get with you and see if you are still interested in a meet ,
Matchew lets see some pics , I will be putting up some more soon . Top Guns Customs in Alcoa Tn is where I am getting the 6" Skyjacker lift anyone have any pro's or con's in lifting it myself or let them do it , I have never done a spring lift but have done many jeep coil lifts which seemed more diff. to do than the truck because there were so many more parts involved. Any special tools or is it as straight forward as it looks , I do have air and air tools so that will help but no welding ability.and what is the biggest size tire do you think will fit for street use no towing ever and prob. no offroad I have my Jeep for that. Thanks for the encouragement guys ....
Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 PM

I have a 6" skyjacker lift in my w350 srw, and i run 35" all terrains on the street, but i also run 40s, and a little rubbing off road, but none on the street. The lifts for these trucks are pretty much as straight forward as they look. if you can lift a coil sprung jeep, then you will have no problem lifting your truck.
here are some pics of the different tires on it
35s

40s
Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Looks good with the 40's Ryan10 , I have the dually so with spacers I wonder how big of a tire will fit the 6" wide wheel , looks like you have 8's or 10's on them , did you have to do driveshafts with the 6" lift ?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:02 PM

i have a custom front driveshaft on myne, the rear is stock.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:54 PM

Was the front necessary because you offroad or will stock be ok for street use , if I go 8" I will need both for sure.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I love my 1st gen... the luxury of a new truck wears off pretty quick... especially if its always there for a long trip....

Here is how I would break it down:
My first gen is worth a lot more to ME than the cash its worth....
I call it the beater.

Is your first gen worth more to you than the cash? probably.....
Old 09-27-2007, 10:51 PM

I have thought MANY times of selling my truck and getting a 2nd gen 12V (1st gen faithful don't disown me). Theres times where I wish someone would broadside my box and write the truck off (with no one hurt of course). Just seems like I don't have much time lately to do the stuff I want to do to the old girl. Things like the brakes, body work (new rocker panels etc). That and it seems like new strange noises are popping up every now and then.

I actually was thinking about this today, a guy offered me 10 grand for my truck and I almost took it but just the whole hassle of finding a nice(r) truck with lower miles and such.

Do whats best for you and your family I suppose. If you can, hold onto it and keep it as a project, thats my plan. I'm going to buy a nicely used 04 or 05 2500 4x4 CTD for a daily and dump money into this thing
Old 09-28-2007, 05:13 AM

yes, my front shaft was necessary on my truck.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by badram
Normal maint. is not a problem and basic repairs I have done and will cont. to do but as far as performance build-up I am lost and this is my driver so I cant have it down for longer than the weekend. You guys are great on the tech. walk thru's , I dont know just a little distraught and a little venting is all , Thanks
Hey Badram,
I'm in Canton, GA. I would be happy to help with the mods. I have done most of my own. Adjusting the valves is not a problem. Our DTR club, GA#40, also has wrench nights and wrench saturdays. I will send you a pm.

Joseph