1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

they filled me up with GAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
over heating no lub in the pump, we can fry our own pumps on diesel when you start enlarging rotors and cams. so just imagine a dry'r fuel runnin through it not to mention the head posibly warping the easier burning fuel ignites sooner in the compression stroke. so timing goes through the roof and causes excessive cylinder pressures and head gasket damage. it could cause cylinder scoring and excessive wear on rings and piston temp goes up. so ya couldnt cause that much damage.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats just what was going to say, gas explods at difrent compression rates then diesel does, isnt it possible to bend a rod??

i would say if you only drove a few KMs you would be fine, just drain tank fill with good fuel and 2 stroke oil and be on your way

but if you can get a new motor out of it, then all the more power to you,
and they must of thought you were some sort of nut cutting there air hose and taking there winshiled washer tanks for drining the fuel
i would of drain it on the floor and lit a match and told them that they owed you a new truck while they were at it
Old 05-17-2008, 12:09 AM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by Machinos
I hate full service gas stations, at least the ones that force you like in Oregon and New Jersey. I guess part of it is the idea that I'm so incompetent that I have to be legally barred from filling my own tank because I might screw up that delicate process. Which is why they require gas stations to hire professionals trained in the safe handling of fuels (16 year olds who barely know how to drive).
in oregon you can pump diesel but not gas
Old 05-17-2008, 12:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Alwaysworking
in oregon you can pump diesel but not gas
Interesting, I always get in trouble for trying to pump my own diesel...

Glad they are going to cover your damages.. Interesting that under no load the coolant temps spiked as diesel generally have much larger cooling systems... Thou the flow rate may be slower??
Old 05-17-2008, 12:26 AM
alwaysonDTR

it leagal, i didn't say the station would like it, where are you at?
Old 05-17-2008, 12:43 AM

I am in Idaho, but drive thru Oregon several times a year...
Old 05-17-2008, 06:02 AM

I used Kroil to free up a siezed injection pump on an old engine that had been sitting out in the elements for years. It was a different type of pump but I had great results. I soaked it for months but I am using it today with no problems. I had a Nissan 4 cylinder that the oil puimp went out of and seized up while I was driving. I bought it home and filled everything with kroil and free'd it up too. Its good to free up air tools also. I use it for anything thats stuck. IT's great for getting broken taps out, I've never had to cut a brake line, or use a nut splitter. Deffinatley worth a try as a last result if not sooner. No I don't work for or sale the stuff. Just a believer.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ah64id
Interesting, I always get in trouble for trying to pump my own diesel...

Glad they are going to cover your damages.. Interesting that under no load the coolant temps spiked as diesel generally have much larger cooling systems... Thou the flow rate may be slower??

i had the 30' forest river hooked up and a 2000pd deisel welder in the back plus tools and oxy acetylene
Old 05-17-2008, 06:50 PM

That will slightly increase your load
Old 05-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2500, the whole point of the fix I mentioned is that there is no need to spend 1/2 a day draining the tank. The gentalman that sugsested this method knows more about the internal workings of a diesel than we will ever know. He can really take us to "school" on the whole subject of a diesel. His opinion is also respected by several diesel gurus that I know.