1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

they filled me up with GAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On a VP pumped 2002 all you need to do is go pick up one gallon of first quality 2 cycle chainsaw oil. Use the good stuff for a Husky, Echo, or Stihl. Do not use Amsoil or any of the synthetics for this purpose, even though they are great oils.

Then pick up one gallon of ashless boat motor 2 cycle oil.

Dump both gallons into the 25 gallons of gasoline in your tank and then jump up and down on the bumper for a good 20 minutes.

The oil will mix with the gasoline and provide the needed lubricity and viscosity to allow your engine to just burn the contaminated fuel.

Then start the truck and let it idle for 3 minutes before you attempt to drive it. After the 3 minutes you can use it as you would normally, just do not go try and pull a heavy load until you get that tank of fuel burned.

The reason to use a top quality chain saw oil is that it includes two additives, a fuel conditioner, and another with a very active molecule that will continue to mix the fuel and oil mixture even after you are done jumping around swishing the tank on the truck. The reason to use an ashless outboard oil is to increase the viscosity of the fuel mix without breaking the bank. You could use two gallons of Stihl oil just as easily.

After the mixed fuel has burned down to one quarter of a tank left, just fill it with regular diesel and you will be good to go.

You will likely have to change your filter after this exercise, as the mix will pick up all sorts of crap from the tank and suspend it in the fuel for the filter to catch. Have to credit to someone who knows a whole lot more about diesels than me.
Any comments, suggestions, or instructions offered by me only apply to off-road and non-emission regulated use. Anytime I ever used or may use reference to highway performance, it is purely as an academic reference only.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by CamperAndy
Why jerk the guys chain like that??

Drain the tank, purge the fuel lines, get a free full tank of #2, bleed the system, start engine and go on your way.
you'd be crying to the MAN for a new cummins if your 60K truck got filled with gas... We like our trucks too ya know.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i only have 150 000 km what is that in miles? i got this truck from an 85 year old original owner. other than hood paint flake truck was as new condition
Old 05-16-2008, 01:21 AM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by apprentice
i only have 150 000 km what is that in miles? i got this truck from an 85 year old original owner. other than hood paint flake truck was as new condition
a little over 93,000 .brand new
Old 05-16-2008, 03:05 AM

no way this is better than draining your tank.

too easy to siphon out most of the gasoline in your tank. then I'd dump two gallons of std motor oil into tank to mix with remaining gas.

if you went any distance at all, damage is already done.
you have one chance to have shell pay damages to your cummins.

Originally Posted by annabelle
On a VP pumped 2002 all you need to do is go pick up one gallon of first quality 2 cycle chainsaw oil. Use the good stuff for a Husky, Echo, or Stihl. Do not use Amsoil or any of the synthetics for this purpose, even though they are great oils.

Then pick up one gallon of ashless boat motor 2 cycle oil.

Dump both gallons into the 25 gallons of gasoline in your tank and then jump up and down on the bumper for a good 20 minutes.

The oil will mix with the gasoline and provide the needed lubricity and viscosity to allow your engine to just burn the contaminated fuel.

Then start the truck and let it idle for 3 minutes before you attempt to drive it. After the 3 minutes you can use it as you would normally, just do not go try and pull a heavy load until you get that tank of fuel burned.

The reason to use a top quality chain saw oil is that it includes two additives, a fuel conditioner, and another with a very active molecule that will continue to mix the fuel and oil mixture even after you are done jumping around swishing the tank on the truck. The reason to use an ashless outboard oil is to increase the viscosity of the fuel mix without breaking the bank. You could use two gallons of Stihl oil just as easily.

After the mixed fuel has burned down to one quarter of a tank left, just fill it with regular diesel and you will be good to go.

You will likely have to change your filter after this exercise, as the mix will pick up all sorts of crap from the tank and suspend it in the fuel for the filter to catch. Have to credit to someone who knows a whole lot more about diesels than me.
Any comments, suggestions, or instructions offered by me only apply to off-road and non-emission regulated use. Anytime I ever used or may use reference to highway performance, it is purely as an academic reference only.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pull up in my Hemi truck and all the time they are asking me how much diesel to put in. It seems around here they think every truck is diesel because many are, but the idiots just assume. What do they know, camels don't run on fuel.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:09 AM

There may be a bright side, if you are not a pure-ist that is. This could be a chance for you to get a P-pumped 12 valve at their expense. Chances arethey won't know the difference. If it works keep your engine and pump Kroil through your pump and injectors with the injectors out of course. then dump a bunch of Kroil in the cylinders and turn it over alot. Do this a few times letting it sit for extended perios in between.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:49 AM

My wife filled mine up with diesel, only a few gallons diesel left in the tank and put in 20 gallons of gas. she realized it about a 2 miles later and shut it off. I spent the next 4 hours, draining the tank, flushing the lines, changing filters. Added a bunch of Howes diesel treatment, and 2 cycle, filled with good diesel and back on the road. Not problems seen yet and that was 2-3 months ago.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:47 AM

What the heck is Kroil?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by powerrammaster
What the heck is Kroil?
Kroil is a product of Kano Laboratories. IMHO it is one the best penetrating oil to be found. I've taking turbo chargers apart with little or no effort after letting them sit for about a week after I sprayed them with Kroil.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:38 AM

I hate full service gas stations, at least the ones that force you like in Oregon and New Jersey. I guess part of it is the idea that I'm so incompetent that I have to be legally barred from filling my own tank because I might screw up that delicate process. Which is why they require gas stations to hire professionals trained in the safe handling of fuels (16 year olds who barely know how to drive).
Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 AM

man that does suck, they did that in jersey to my dads powerstroke and he freaked out on the guy ripped his 40 bucks back in the truck and hauled off to another station. i mean wouldnt they be able to tell byt the noise that its a diesel!?!?!?!!?!?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM

contact from shell: our insurance company will contact you with in 2 days, be advised don't wait to get vehicle fixed
Old 05-16-2008, 05:24 PM
366 Spring Chicken

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
When I worked at a highway garage one of the guys filled a sidewalk plow with gas. It had a ford 2722 4 cyl deisel in it. He did not know what he did but told me it was running bad. I hoped in and drove to shop. O MY GOD that thing was pounding. Just cleaned and put in good fuel and ran fine. Will never know what kind of wear or damage it might have started.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Banned

I really dont see how your bottom end or head would be damaged, but it is very possible and likely that your injection system is shot, esp if your temps spiked. I'd press for NEW pump and injectors on Shell's dime, dont rebuild a thing. Get a 205 injector pump, 190/ POD injectors, etc. They cost the same as stock, and you get better performance.

I wouldnt have been against using their shop supplies to siphon the gas out of my tank (air hose is good for that), and informed the minimum-wage dolt his parents were'nt married at the time of his conception, but I would NOT have made a scene about it. That only works against you when you go to court to defend yourself for being angry at stupidity. Speaking of which, it is getting to the point that stupidity and lack of thinking/ common sense is the norm, rather than the exception.

Quick Reply: they filled me up with GAS