1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Stan's Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stan's Exhaust

So I call stans and find out that not only is it $545 shipped to DE, but the moment I cut the one inch out of the DP for a W/G housing I lose the warrenty. They tried to tell me there that NO one has said anything out needing it shorter for the longer housing. The whole time I'm thinking, you have to be kidding me right. They also said they could not do it, total B.S. So now its time to give Rip Rook a call.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruquik
So I call stans and find out that not only is it $545 shipped to DE, but the moment I cut the one inch out of the DP for a W/G housing I lose the warrenty. They tried to tell me there that NO one has said anything out needing it shorter for the longer housing. The whole time I'm thinking, you have to be kidding me right. They also said they could not do it, total B.S. So now its time to give Rip Rook a call.

Is it posible that the pipe was desined to fit with or without a waste gate?
I no, I no, it would suck to buy it and then find out that it wouldn't work!

I would bet, that all of the ex system, for our trucks ,is built by a manifacure that don't sell to the public, so thay wont warnty or fit, something that thay sell,....but don't make!!!!

There has been several guys her that have dun this mod and had it fit!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:42 PM

www.bigexhaust.com
Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

I doubt Rip Rook will warranty his downpipe since you still have to cut and weld it. A mistake there is not covered under anyone's warranty.

AFAIK the Stan's DP will fit with a WG (longer) housing. You might have to trim the heater box insulation worst case scenario. I believe they make it as short as possible so it will fit with the longer housings.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

They said they didn't know anyone was putting on wastegate (ie, longer) housing on first gens.

He said " whats wrong with your turbo, you don't need a wastegate " . I just politley told him I would give rip rook a call and then decide what I wanted to do.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

Here's a pic of my Stan's DP:

I think there is a little more room between the heater box and the DP than what the pic shows. I haven't messed with the insulation there yet, so I'm not sure how much more room you have behind it (if you were to trim it). Notice how there is no straight piece between the housing flange and the 90* bend? I am almost positive it would fit...guess I'll know soon.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
If you add a heat shield like is on the stock DP, you can put it right up against the heater box insulation. Mine's been there 3 years and nothing's melted.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
If you add a heat shield like is on the stock DP, you can put it right up against the heater box insulation. Mine's been there 3 years and nothing's melted.
Good to know!

I've still got the stock DP and can just cut the heat shield off that and tack it on.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

but that voidsthe warrenty too. Maybe I'm gettingflustered over nothing but if im shelling out that kind out money I want a warranty. I hope Rip Rook is better than stan's when it comes to talking to me like i'm not an idiot.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Banned

I'm not really concerned about a warranty on an aluminized exhaust system from a reputable dealer...just my opinion. Once you receive the kit and install it, what can really go wrong?

I've heard nothing but good things about Rip's kit too. If you don't mind (and have the ability) to weld the aluminized DP to fit your truck then that might be a better option for you.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Same price with more welding, but THey will warrenty everything but my welds. He said that half the people that want that exhaust have the longer housing.

He11 i just might start making my own
Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone ever gotten a full 4" exhaust fabbed up from a muffler shop?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whereswaldo250
I couldn't find a local shop that could mandrel bend 4". I think it takes a much more expensive bender and not many people have them.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by whereswaldo250

when i talked to my muffer guy he said that the machine it's self would caust......something llike 500,000...maybe it wasnt that hi but it was ridicous price!!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Batman
when i talked to my muffer guy he said that the machine it's self would caust......something llike 500,000...maybe it wasnt that hi but it was ridicous price!!
Golly-gee-whilickers-zippidty-doo-dah Batman!

Considering that it takes a big pipe and circular protractor to bend 2-inch pipe, I didn't figure it'd be that expensive for the 4-inch.

I guess it's more than a bottle jack and a 2X4 screwed onto an old motorcycle rim?

Hmm... Bet I can get into Farmshow Magazine if I saved $500,000 by screwing a 2X4 and bottle jack onto a motorcycle rim...

Quick Reply: Stan's Exhaust