1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

snow plow trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snow plow trucks!

Ok I know some of you have or are about to have snow on the ground so lets see your plow trucks! Doesn`t have to be yours could be a buddy`s or your dad`s but if you have pictures post em up.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
I would never do it to any of my babies. My dad had a 69 then 79 W200 he plowed with. After years of faithful work little things like the doors not closing correctly or seriously sagging springs in the front from the weight. Plus seeing extra time on salt covered roads took its toll on the sheet metal.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Here's mine..

I have no problem using my truck for what it was designed to do, as I do all required maintenance ..... and preventative measures to ensure durability, and longevity. Yeah, it's a little hard on the trucks, but if you don't beat them, (which I don't) and make sure all surfaces are protected, including internal cavities, nothing really happens to them. I use different products to protect and preserve metal, as well as I'm the only one driving it, so I know it's not getting beat up by some shift jockey blasting through stuff. I'm going to enjoy a long time with my ride, and all it takes is spending the off seasons making sure all is right.

It is a truck and not a showpiece, so I use it as a truck.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
njt I meant no disrespect to those that do push snow and nice looking truck. We have a Case
580CK and a John Deere 4710 with a snow plow attachment that will push more snow than any pickup ever could. When you live in the sticks pushing snow is harder than clearing parking lots.

And I do use my trucks for what they are meant for. My dually has made me more money than I even spent for it. Here hauling my 8,600lb Eager Beaver with my 17,200lb boom truck on it.
Name:  Image0166.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  65.4 KB
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM

come on now must be more than that!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by freight train
njt I meant no disrespect to those that do push snow and nice looking truck.
I didn't take it that way.... so no sweat there buddy.

I just think that the relics from the 90's that are the only thing left of our trucks are really from just not paying enough attention to what needs to be done. Chrysler did their best to scrue us by producing a chassis that isn't properly galvanized below the painted surface, and then topped it off with primer and paint that peels in about 10 years or less. This was done to save money, and to force us to buy "newer" vehicles.

So, I say F-U to chrysler, as I'm going to do everything physically possible to keep my ride on the road and in great condition. Should I pass away from some horrible accident or natural causes, I've told my wife to auction the truck off to the guys @ DTR.... as you guys will keep it alive for everyone to enjoy...

I love my ride... and I intend on keeping it... especially now that I messed with the power screw.... .... man... it runs good !
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Freight train:
That looks like a fully loaded trailer!
Glad to see you have your fleet of red Mopars is on the road.
I really like the new '68-'69 Barracuda addition.

I have an old '80 W250 Power Wagon to push the snow with around the yard.
Just an old beater with a heater it would never pass VT inspection due to body rust.
It does take the pressure off the trucks I can still drive on the road.

NJTman - Nice looking ride
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 AM

I guess I'm the only wabbit cwazy enough to plow with my "W"

Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
I guess I'm the only wabbit cwazy enough to plow with my "W"

Your the only one with a clean driveway. The rest of us just lock the hubs are drive er through the bank.....

I suspect it plows well being a 1st gen owner ! Nice unit
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my plow truck, it was already neglected and rusted through when I bought it. Its now a yard truck waiting for a new body to bring it back to life.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a few winters back i saw a picture on here that was a first gen with a front loader on it. maybe someone knows exactly where to find that. cause that sucker was COOL
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This ?

Name:  frontendloadercummins.jpg
Views: 6055
Size:  37.8 KB
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
dang tater that is one big blade!

And i totally forgot about that loader first gen. haha that thing is sweet
Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 PM

Yup, that's a big ol blade... I like it !

How much weight do you put in the bed of that beast to counterbalance the plow blade, and allow the rear tires to actually get some bite ?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by PJ 3
Your the only one with a clean driveway. The rest of us just lock the hubs are drive er through the bank.....

I suspect it plows well being a 1st gen owner ! Nice unit
It plows awesome, and I got the chance to play around with it the other day. 8" deep driveway, and cleared it down to the macadam. Even though I wasn't ready for plowing (didn't put my sand bags or snow blower in the back), I went out searching for snow anyway. Found an area that got 13", and made a few bucks helping stranded homeowners who just couldn't shovel any longer.The truck pushes snow with little or no effort.

I think I'm in love with my dodge..... please don't tell my wife, as she's under the impression that she's #1....... so when she finds out that my dog is #1, the dodge is #2 and she's a runner up @ #3.... I'm getting kicked out.....

Quick Reply: snow plow trucks!