1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Slick But Different Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 AM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Cool Slick But Different Paint Job

This past Saturday, I was at an antique farm machinery show/demonstration.

Walking through the numerous trucks parked in the fields, I saw an unusually painted, quite slick, 1st. Gen. truck.

(By the way, there were probably thirty, if not more, 1st Gen. Cummins trucks there.)

This truck was D-250, shiny black all over, not a speck of chrome, dark tinted windows, with gold pin-striping, and HUMMIN CUMMINS lettered in gold.

What was unique/unusual was the rough-textured bed-liner material that covered both bumpers, the entire grille, the insides of the bed, the mirrors, and the TOP OF THE CAB.

Hidden behind the grille was a huge aluminum intercooler.

Does anyone know this truck ??
Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stole my idea... unfortunately he stopped short of the whole thing. my truck is shot front and rear bumpers, inside the bed, outside of the bed, hood, fenders, doors, roof, INSIDE the cab, lol well pretty much everywhere! all i need to do is stick that intercooler behind the hood like he did and i am good to go! however i did keep some chome, my rims are black with chrome lugs. diamond plate bedrails and grill and mirrors are still chome.

the truck is now on 285's with the rims black, rear bumper is a nice looking 8inch c-channel with a reciever cut and welded in and caps welded on the end before it was shot with rhino... front bumper is still ugly, i'll work on that at some point.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

I think more than the front bumper are ugly, dude...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned

different strokes for different folks!

brett
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DieselKnuckles
Just so you know, we are a non flaming family here, please try to be respectful,

Thank you, (now putting my flame suit on)
Michael

BTW, I kinda like it, its unique
Old 07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Ugly ain't necessarily a bad thing...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told my truck was ugly, but then, all he saw was my bed with no tailgate and a bunch of black soot after that comment

I thought of doing a spray on bedliner on my whole truck. Now this gives me a idea about how it looks.

Is that a stretched Club Cab?

Jon
Old 07-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Micaiahfied

It kinda makes me think of an old Remington Nylon 66 .
Old 07-23-2007, 07:41 PM

I see alot of trucks that are bedlined on the exterior. I've even seen flames done in it. Almost everytime I go wheeling I see at least one. there is an 05 F250 running around that is all black bedliner.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by DieselKnuckles
a little blunt, but true, lol. i won't argue that it's ugly. the reason it's rhino lined is because the custom cab stretch wasn't holding together. It is the correct length to put a 4-door cab on, and i am constantly looking for one but until then i have to go with what i got. they lengthened the "upper" part of the frame rail so i would have to put a body lift on to make it work but i can deal with that.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

Glad you don't want to kill me.

Speaking of ugly, what the heck's that fish thing next to your handle?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:07 AM

I don't mean to sound stoopid Micaiahfied. But arent you the one that just posted the 15" exhaust thread? I say that cuz I remember the truck in that post being covered in Rhino. Lotsa folks say the bedliner paint job looks hillbilly-ish. But I love it and am considering doing the same to my truck! (What's that tell ya 'bout me!)
Just one question though. Is that the "Real" Rhino liner, as in professionally done type thing, Or is it a DIY kit?

Oh, and Bearkiller, sorry for the attempted Hijack! BTW, next time take pics!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Dang, if you could make the drive you could go home with one out here! I passed up three 4drs ranging from 600-1200 cause I dont have time for them.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when i do the custom paint on my ranger, i am keeping the ram the cheap white color cause its too much body work, all i got to do is throw a cab corner in the ranger and break out the palm and board sander, i am using 3 or 4 different colors of tractor paint and doing a custom job, yeah it wont be the best up close but it will sure stand out, allis chalmers orange for the bottom of the truck, ill break it just above the door handle at the factors pinstripe with john deere green and use ford blue and white for the break up between the colors (i cant decide on flames, tribal, or what for the break up) then outline the breakup with agco silver for a little flair, i am also chopping everything off under my factory fender flares for about 3 1/2 inches of clearance so i can fit my 38's with 5.5 inches of lift and 3 inch body lift, i will have about 150 to 200 in everything. the truck will be a wheeling truck so i want it to look good but still have a paint job i wont cry over if i scratch.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 AM

Murf, yea i am the one who just added hood stack, lol, it just seemed to go with the truck! and yes it is real rhino the outside of the truck including the perm. "rhino shine" so it won't fade out like normal spray liners do was like $1500 after tax. i took the bed off and gave it to them seperate so that the front of the bed and rear of the cab would be shot correctly.

Mike i am sending you a PM.

Quick Reply: Slick But Different Paint Job