1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Silverstar headlights and relays comparison.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Sure did, I had to have a flasher that I could hear over the rumble of the engine, it is a Dietz Truck Flasher the kind used on semi tractors, you can feel it thump the floorboard when it is on but even then I forget it is on sometimes, I think it is because I tune out the sounds.

Jim

One of my favorite projects on my truck was adding a second set of turn-signal indicators to the three-gauge pod that is mounted on top of my dash.

I just drilled holes in the corners to accept amber LED indicators and routed a LEFT- and RIGHT-TURN wire to them.

I also added a BRITE and REVERSE indicator while I was at it.

Not to blow my own horn, but they look plumb professional.

Of course my personal truck is a 1985 Ford, so the lay-out is a litle different, but my extra indicators are a whole lot more noticable than the hard-to-see ones in the instrument panel.

I have been running those big HD flashers for many years; not so much for the loud click, but on account of having a dozen or more lights to flash.