1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Second Gen. Seats in First Gens.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Second Gen. Seats in First Gens.

got a set of 98 reg cab seats and going to try to put them in on saturday
p.s. if you want to get some check out ebay from time to time i got mine for $150 and no comp to deal with i'm going to use the seat belts that are in the truck allreddy

but we will see how bad this is to get in and see if i can screw it up some how
Old 12-03-2003, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good, mine will be going in starting next week so I'll have pics. for you all soon.

Paws
Old 12-06-2003, 11:39 PM

ok guy's it is in and back on the road i did drill new holes and had to fab some shims to set it on and ran bolts down through the shims me and the father in law had it done in less than 3 hours it dose sit up about 2 or 3 inches taller than the stock seat's but it is not to much for me a tilt colum is in the works next but it is well worth it and so much better than the vynal bench that was in it ;D

so go out and get it it is well worth the time to do and rember mesur twice cut once unlike me now i just need to figur out whear i put that epoxy and washers to fill the holes
Old 12-07-2003, 08:37 AM

can measure something like from the floor to the top of the bottom cushion in the front of the seat, to give us an idea of how high it sits now? I'm wondering if it's that much taller or if the new seat just isn't worn out and all squishy like most of ours are
Old 12-07-2003, 11:16 AM

I took the sub frame off and I am building a complete new low-pro system that will not raise my seat up much more than an inch. I'd take some pics but my dang camera went t*ts up again. I'll figure out somthing I know you all want to see how it looks.

Paws
Old 12-14-2003, 01:35 AM

up dates got anny
Old 12-14-2003, 11:47 AM

Soon, seat install starts on tues. or wed.

Paws
Old 12-18-2003, 07:22 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Well, this looks like a good project. I had just checked the insurance price on a new dually. A car payment for something I like, I can live with. But I cannot see giving an insurance company all that money, having a good driving record. I'll just keep my truck and keep fixing it up. I wasn't looking forward to selling it anyway. I already picked up some floor insulation and mounted it behind the door panels. This did cut road noise. I also painted the old interior from maroon to med gray. I'll probably wait for spring to pick up a seat, unless I get bored this winter. I really liked the 60/40 bench in my z71 I had, I'll probably lean that way. The money I would save keeping PL/PD on this truck would pay for one of the good performance trannys in a year and a half.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:44 PM

ok red leg the seat dose sit taller than the stock but it is not to bad at all dont have a tape to get space for you but ben driving it all week with it in and it is alot better than the bench i took out and i'm not a skinny person eather 260 6'1" and it has enugh slide to the seat my wife can drive it to and she is 105#socking wet and 5'4" and the ride quality of the truck is just great with theas seats the pics are in my gal on page 56 if you want to look https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/yabbse/gallery/displayimage.php?album=444&pid=3609
Old 12-19-2003, 11:37 PM

Alright I got my seats in. I lost no head room and gained about an inch or so of leg room. I built my seat pans out of 3/16" mild plate, it took two full days of handy torch work and a good amount of measuring to get them in right and every second was worth it. I did no modifications to the cab, short of taking out the old seat belts but I did have to modify the seat sliders to make it all work. I was even able to get the computer set up and working properly with very little trouble. The seat sits about 2" to the right as in order not to crowd the driver too much but your passengers will never notice it. All in all it was a good tuff project and I even had some fun doing it. If you have some welding and fab. skills you will be able to do this project with no problems. The only bad part is I cant get my digital camera to work so I cant get you guys any pictures YET but I promise I will ASAP.

If youve got questions let me here em.

Paws
Old 12-20-2003, 06:56 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Just waiting for the picture.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:18 PM

See attached pictures.
Paws
Old 12-25-2003, 09:20 PM

Picture 2 of 3.
Paws
Old 12-25-2003, 09:22 PM

Final picture.
Paws
Old 12-30-2003, 01:03 PM

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Very nice fabrication job. It looks really good.

Quick Reply: Second Gen. Seats in First Gens.