1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Screwed up spring install!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wannadiesel has a good picture of his pyro probe mounting... in his gallery
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear ya samiam4, i'll get on that.

Thanks for that nut idea, 93 12v, made me realize i could just screw it back in when it got stuck on the buggered welded threads, then tighten the jam nut and back off the said nut.

Brandon i honestly don't know how fast it goes, had to get out of it at 70, it was slick and my tires weren't holding the road. Truck was still pulling hard too.

Thinking back i'd say although not necessary, remove the throttle/trans kick down bracket and if you have a boost line running through it remove that so you can tuck it back out of the way under the master cylinder.

Next thing i would do is soak every nut/bolt with a rust penetrating fluid, pb blast is what i used. Esp the high/low idle screws.

Make sure u mark down how many threads are showing on the high/low idle screws, you'll need to remember these after.

Then i'd start with the 10mm bolt that is located on the rear bracket of the pump, near the block. Follow this by the three 13mm nuts on the timing case. NEED an S-wrench, C-wrench or an adjustable neck wrench, no more than 1 full turn required if that much. brandon (crossys son) has a video showing these steps with every detail covered(same nuts/bolts to do timing).

Another suggestion is definitely the fishing line for the re-install.

Another tool you may like are the allen key sockets with a multi-angle ability, such as craftsmen.

I also used a pair for forceps and 90* needle nose pliers.

A well organised parts tray or cooler works great too. I used a break pad box from another truck 14x10 box with lid. And the radiator/core support is a lousy place to have tools lay, i had a McDonald's tray ty-wrapped to the hood latch as my tool spot.

Thats all i can thing of, the directions are self explanatory... almost.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks timmy and brandon, i was thinking about that earlier. Still don't know what brand i wanna go with. Issopro looks like a good choice.