1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Parts

Where is the best place to find trim parts for inside the cab? Just bought a 92 ram 250. I have never had a diesel and know zero about them. After reading several hours on this site, I'm wondering if I will be able to ever learn enough to properly take cae of the truck. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Welcome aboard Grass Cutter!

Probably (IMO) your best bet for interior replacement parts is your local junkyard. As far as I remember/know no one makes aftermarket trim parts. But someone else will probably come along shortly with a whole plethora of suppliers!

As far as taking care of the truck, this seems to be the DTR rundown of bombing.

1. Buy gauges, pyro and boost at minimum. And a pod or housing to store them in.

2. Read DTR stickies and posts on how to bomb your new first gen.

3. Go out and make loads of money.

4. Spend afforementioned money on 'bombs'

After that is done, and you've been through 6-8 divorces and bankruptcy filings, and numerous sled pulls and 1/4 mile passes, you'll just about be ready to retire and buy a 5'er and pull it all over God's green earth seeking happiness. Then and only then will you fit in with most of the lunatics around here!

Good luck my man!

(edited to add)

P.S. Fill in your signature and let us know exactly what kinda truck you got. that'll help with future requests!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at these sites, some had interior trim:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...arts+suppliers
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 AM

ramchargers have much of the same interior stuff as our trucks do
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Murf
Welcome aboard Grass Cutter!

Probably (IMO) your best bet for interior replacement parts is your local junkyard. As far as I remember/know no one makes aftermarket trim parts. But someone else will probably come along shortly with a whole plethora of suppliers!

As far as taking care of the truck, this seems to be the DTR rundown of bombing.

1. Buy gauges, pyro and boost at minimum. And a pod or housing to store them in.

2. Read DTR stickies and posts on how to bomb your new first gen.

3. Go out and make loads of money.

4. Spend afforementioned money on 'bombs'

After that is done, and you've been through 6-8 divorces and bankruptcy filings, and numerous sled pulls and 1/4 mile passes, you'll just about be ready to retire and buy a 5'er and pull it all over God's green earth seeking happiness. Then and only then will you fit in with most of the lunatics around here!

Good luck my man!

(edited to add)

P.S. Fill in your signature and let us know exactly what kinda truck you got. that'll help with future requests!
I couldnt agree more!

Welcome aboard Grass Cutter! Dont be intimidated by what ya see here. Somethings seem a little intimidating, but once you dive in, it isnt that bad! Dont be afraid to ask questions, thats what were here for. Gotta keep the 1st generation cummins going strong!

hey ifn ya think its too much to handle i'll take er off yer hands for ya! C-ya round!