1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Relay? Clicking under the Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relay? Clicking under the Dash

It sound like a relay, but there is no consistency with it.
Can be running down the road and it will click several time, some times only once.
I have been setting in my truck at lunch time with the key off and it will start to click, it will click with the door open, with it close, moving or stopped But it is vary random.
usually 5 or 6 clicks and then its done for a minute, hour, daysssss

The only time it Will Not click, is when i have my head cranked up under the Dash!
It sounds like its coming just to the left of my Ash tray...........which is were my brake controller is and my GV controller on/off switch............. have disconnected GV and Controller but Clicking noise persists

I worry some morning the relay will have finally decided to stay on and the truck won't start due to a dead battery(Not been a problem as of yet!)

Any body have a similar problem?????

I did a search, and found that were not the only ones have cawl crack.(clicking).....there's is just on the inside of the dash, and a 04 owner that his sell phone was causing his speaker to pop

But nothing on this problem.
I would be happy with a link to a discussion on this problem............... When it comes to doing searchs, I'm not so good at it.

As always, any help, would be greatly appreciated

Flash
Old 07-09-2008, 02:29 AM

The wiper delay relay is just to the left of the ashtray, sounds like it is crapping out.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 PM

some how i deleted the wrong message so i will repeat it here
ON my way to work this morning, when i would turn my wiper on and off. It was the same sound that i have been hearing

more info so that when this is search....................

It is more then a relay it is a complete module for the wipers system.
You can still get it from the dealer. You get all the guts, circuit board and all, but you have to use your original plastic cover.

I guess thats better then it being a NS1 part.

Chry part # 4503103

Flash.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 PM

Im getting an intermittent clicking sound lately too. Wonder if this my problem as well. Would pulling the fuse for the wipers cut power to this relay to test if this is my problem?