1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Pump recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2024, 10:05 AM

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts
Pump recomendations

Well, looks like my pump has indeed split. Little too much sending it I guess!
Was looking at a pump Pure Diesel "THD Competition VE Pump" but they said their vendor for pumps had been taking months. I don't want to be swapping pumps in 20 degree weather.
Anyone had good luck with a street performance pump that is also good with regular truck work?

This is what PDP says about this pump:
The Hungry Diesel very own Competition VE pump! This pump has done up to 648hp, fuel only, and pushes up to 320cc. Average cc is between 295-320cc. These pumps push more fuel than any other 12mm VE on the market. The only pumps featuring a brass tip "Magic Bullet" plunger from Holy Performance. Say goodbye to fss failures. And it is still backed with a 2 year, unlimited mileage Warranty! Even if you tweak on the pump yourself, we'll still cover it for 6 months.

We run these pumps on our personal rigs, and tow with them weekly. We strongly recommend using our piston lift pump kit, or an Air Dog/Fass setup. Though we have customers that run these pumps with stock and small injectors. These pumps really shine with large injectors and the supporting mods to accommodate the setup.

Lead times vary on this pump from.. it can take up to TWO MONTHS.. Please call if you are in a hurry to check current lead time.

Part Number: THD-CVEP